Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1989 MB 560 SEC
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate any input on Remus Exhaust. I don't want too much noise (after all it's a Benz not a Hondayotasan), but would like to get a little growl when you put your foot in it....Seems I've seen the squared (rounded corners) tips that look pretty sharp. Anyone know if there are other tips available?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
You need to do two things if you want a nice subtle rumble - replace the back box with a Remus or Sebring....but more importantly, replace the centre butterfly resonator set-up with straight-thru 'bullet' type resonators. They'll increase the flow better and enable a better tone and rumble.

Attached is a link which shows a pic of the Remus on my 500SEC - fitted Brand New about 4 years ago. Car has only done about 5000 miles since. I may be selling this exhaust as I have acquired the original w126 AMG exhaust.

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbumPhoto.asp?userid=hakkinen&album_id=186013&image_id=5

·
Registered
1989 MB 560 SEC
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know. I'd be interested in it. Is it the entire system from the headers back or just from the resonators back?

Will the decrease in back pressure cause me to have to make any other adjustments?

·
Registered
1991 560 SEC
76 Posts
I would be interested in purchasing as well.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
It's the rear box only - but quite a large chunk as the pipe from rear box runs all the way to the centre resonators.

Contact me offline [email protected] if interested.

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
personally i dont think its worth it to pay sooo much for a exhaust remus are nice tho but if i'd do exhaust i'd just go with flowmaster and get some nice tipz

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
shipping that piece is going to Hurt..they're quite heavy from what I remember.

Jonathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts