Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
C240WMT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to change the rain sensor option back to intermittent wipers? A quick search reveals that the rain sensor option on MB sems to be problematic. I have a 2003, C240WMT and the rain sensor works for about 2-3 minutes then just behaves like it's on setting 2 all the time. Other times it's raining fairly heavily and it gives a wipe every 5 seconds.

I've cleaned the sensor area with alcohol and replaced the wipers. It didn't help much.

I would much prefer just intermittent wipers to this. Is it possible

Thanks for any help.

--VS

·
Registered
05 C55, no nav, silver/black, Mahdi 19" wheels, tint
77 Posts
Is there a way to change the rain sensor option back to intermittent wipers? A quick search reveals that the rain sensor option on MB sems to be problematic. I have a 2003, C240WMT and the rain sensor works for about 2-3 minutes then just behaves like it's on setting 2 all the time. Other times it's raining fairly heavily and it gives a wipe every 5 seconds.

I've cleaned the sensor area with alcohol and replaced the wipers. It didn't help much.

I would much prefer just intermittent wipers to this. Is it possible

Thanks for any help.

--VS
I may be wrong, but I thought there were wiper lever settings for both intermittent and rain sensor.

·
Registered
C240WMT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may be wrong,
I have the handbook and would have seen that and not wasted everyone's time posting the question.

On a 2003 C240 the wiper stalk has four settings:

0 - Off
I - Intermittent wiper (if no rain sensor option, otherwise uses rain sensor)
II - Normal speed
III - Fas speed.

Original question stands.

Thanks,
VS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts