Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 S420, 2000 E55
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I want to give my CD Changer from my 2000 E55 to a friend. Am I correct in thinking that the only issue I need to bypass in order to keep my Comand unit function properly is to reconnect the fiber optic cables so the loop isnt broken?

From my understand, the only part I need is the connector from MB (PN A000 545 33 84).

Can anyone please confirm?

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I'm not sure but I think you'll need to have the car recoded so the system no longer "sees" the changer. But you can always try your method to see if that works. If not, you haven't lost anything.

·
Registered
1997 S420, 2000 E55
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight MusikMan.

I received some helpful advice from the guys in the Telematic forum. I was told all that I would need was this small adapter to close the D2B loop. So I went to Mercedes and bought the adapter for $6. Came home, removed the cd changer and gave the HU a test without installing the adapter. Turns out, I didnt even need the adapter as everything worked just fine with a clean removal.

I have the adapter listed for sale in the FS section. Just adding that note here in case anyone comes across this thread in a search and needs that part. It is a special order part for most MB shops so you might could get mine quicker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts