Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 E320; 2001 SLK 320; 2001 E55 AMG; 1985 BMW 635Csi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry Guys, I have been searching for a while on this forum for instructions on how to remove the MAF, to no avail. My SLK320 has thrown a P0173code and I wanted to remove the MAF and try cleaning. The small metal clip at the back and the black plastic frame seem to be the only things holding the unit on. What is the removal procedure????:confused:

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
I was not successfully in removing the whole tube, since I could not get to the lower retainers for the MAF tube. So I just replaced the insert.

If you security Torx sockets, you can just unscrew the insert without removing the whole unit. There is a plastic arm on the top of the tube, connecting the tube to the back of the engine, just slip it out of the retaining arms and it will allow enough movement to get to the retaining screws for the insert.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
It's the work that comes in between photo 5 and photo 6 that is causing the problem. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
2001 SLK320 Sport
2 Posts
MAF sensor assy.

to remove thr mass air flow sensor assy is very easy, disconnect the 2 air inlet ducts for the air filter box/engine cover, they just pull off. Then lift the filter box straight up, it is just clips attached to rubber receivers on the engine. the back (aft) side of the filter box has a rubber seal that fits the top of the MAF then you disconnect the 1 electrical connector and the clip that holds the MAF on the bottom elbow duct should just pull out and the maf will be free there are some vent lines also, If I remember right I had to move one a bit out of its retaining clip but no big deal. the one I put in my SLK320 was a new Bosch unit from AutohausAZ.com for about $180. read the p/n on the side of your assy, for the proper item. PS, I had the DTC P0173 fuel trim bank 2, the new MAF cured the problem, I was using my OBDII to diagnose and clear codes and CELs

·
Registered
2003 SLK320
10 Posts
How to remove SS clip holding MAF sensor 2003 slk320

Its not clear to me how to remove SS clip without breaking anything. I assume once clip is freed MAF assy will pull straight up and off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts