Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the instrument cluster on my 2003 110cdi, I have a bulb gone on the speedo, have got the two screws at the top out, but do it just pull it forward? If so how? Thanks Graham

·
Registered
213 Posts
Never done it before. But did read about it. Was something like you have to remove the top part of the dash, where the stereo, climate control etc. is. Then push it from the inside out. Have heard that the glass brakes very very easily so go real easy on it. Also wait for someone to confirm this method. I have seen so many Vito's with cracked speedo.

For the dash part. There are two screws in the top vent, then two under the cd player. You have to remove the cd unit in order to accec it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is relatively easy.Unscrew the two bulbs on the top then pull out the air vent on the left of the steering wheel, the one near the window(if is a left hand drive).You just have to grab it by the top and bottom edge and pull it straight out.After that you get your hand in the place of the air vent and you will be able to push the instrument cluster from behind.Mounting in the reverse order.

TheUser....man you just cannot stay silent even when you don't know what are you talking about.....incredible...the simple rule on a automotive forum is "if you did it or KNOW how to do it respond....if not shut up"

·
Registered
213 Posts
Your method is not comfortable to work with. Maybe you do that in Romania, but all the roms I know here are lying down the street and in their 110D's. It would be fun to see, different turbo's etc. lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
hahaha TheUser ....that not comfortable to work with method it's the one that Mercedes dealers use to remove the instrument cluster.

Regarding your comparison I am not a rom and roms are not the same thing with romanians.Here is an insult to tell a romanian that he is a rom.So be careful what words you choose because I can report you here for racism.
But you being out of place giving advice about things you clearly don't know it's internationally understandable so I don't need to prove anything.
We have a saying here "you better shut up and look stupid than start talking and prove beyond any doubt that you are"

See for yourself.I attached the original page from their repair manual.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts