Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need 2 look at the trunk actuator and air lines... So I was wondering how do I remove the trunk lid lining? I have tried to remove it before but I can't figure it out without breaking something.. If anyone can tell me step by step of doing this I would really appreciate it! Anything will help..

·
Registered
412 Posts
I need 2 look at the trunk actuator and air lines... So I was wondering how do I remove the trunk lid lining? I have tried to remove it before but I can't figure it out without breaking something.. If anyone can tell me step by step of doing this I would really appreciate it! Anything will help..
One plastic rivet at a time.

·
Registered
681 Posts
One plastic rivet at a time.
that's pretty much it. take out all those plastic plugs and work the lining out piece by piece. Once you start pulling on it you'll see that it's all just tucked behind various areas that you have to pull it out of.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
From experience in this there is little that fails, the main locking actuator is in the bottom lock, if the handle pops out nothing wrong in the lid section

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Have some of those plastic rivets on hand; you'll surely break at least a few of them.

While you have the liner off the trunk lid, you may want to apply some sound-deadener to the inner surface of the trunk lid. It takes no time to apply, and gets rid of that tinny sound the trunk lid makes whenever you close it.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
Have some of those plastic rivets on hand; you'll surely break at least a few of them.

While you have the liner off the trunk lid, you may want to apply some sound-deadener to the inner surface of the trunk lid. It takes no time to apply, and gets rid of that tinny sound the trunk lid makes whenever you close it.
There are 2 types of rivets, the big ones in the end of the lining by the hinge, the smaller ones on the hinge arms, and the standard door type clips.

I wish I had though of sound deadening my lid,,I had the lining off and I have the spare pads, loads of the things

·
4,774 Posts
there are 3 essentially that you have to take off and everything will be plastic clips.

one on each side of the trunk support bar (looks like an oblong) and the square thing that runs the lower portion of the trunk near the rear windshield (the one that you use to latch the trunk mat when you need to pull your spare tire). once you have all 3 off the rest are clips

·
Registered
310 Posts

Is that a universal type of fastener or MB exclusive that is impossible to find or outrageiously expensive ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts