Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have used the search tool and gone through 500threads :) I have found how to remove the inner door panels. But I need to know how to remove the outer doorhandles. All 4 of them. Someone told me the drivers door was a pain in the a** because of the wiring to the IR window on the doorhandle.

Anyways anyone know how the procedure is and it it´s alot of work?
Im going to paint my car in a cople of weeks, it´s alot of work, I was thinking of skipping the doors, cause there aren´t any scrathes in them, but now I feel it´s better to do the entire thing. If it´s not to much of a hassle to get the doorhandles of.

·
Premium Member
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,292 Posts
its easy, take off the round plastic cap on the side of the door, you ll see a bolt behind it, take it off, then wedge the handle out...

·
Registered
1995 S420 19" giovanna's, tint, in-dash tv.1986 mustang LX supercharged 4 eyed pride~
437 Posts
no need to take the panels off.

I have a seperate problem. this bolt became loose and fell into the door frame. Any idea what the part number might be?? my door handle can now come out with little effort and it has been that way far too long.

help me guys!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.