Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have a white 99 E55 amg and I'm going to remove the outer chrome trim from the doors, the top of the front and rear bumpers and paint them black. I have a video of how to get the door trims off but any help with the strips on the bumper would be much appreciated.

Door Sill Trim

This website is great with vids for disassembly BTW so get on it!

Will post as soon as car is done.
Going to be White car with black trim, grille, headlights, badges, headlight covers, tailight covers and ordered black 19" amg rims to complete the look. Already have the headlights and 30% tint on the car. Will have black roof and side view mirrors soon also.

·
Registered
414 Posts
they are all clipped into their relative trim pieces. You need to removed the front and back sections first, then pop out the trim. I re-did my front pieces and they just "pop" out then slide them out. You kind of have to feel it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what trim pieces are you meaning. I'm looking to remove the chrome strips that are on the top of the rear and front AMG body-kit bumpers. Do they pop out of their holdings?

·
Registered
414 Posts
thats what i'm saying, you need to remove the actual big trim pieces (the white parts that the chrome is "in") before you can pop out the little chrome strips.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ah yeah. I got those. Thanks. But do you know how to get the chrome trim from the bumpers off? Not the side trim on the door. I got them off and painted. I'm doing the chrome on the top of the front fender and rear fender. The two pieces under the headlights at the front and the one piece on the rear fender under the bit where the trunk ends.

·
Registered
117 Posts
WOW!, funny, i just started that project today!

IThe chrome strips just blended into my silver E55. I yanked them out and replaced them with carbon fiber! Looks tight! Will post pics when I get done. Like to see others results as well! Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts