Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
W211 E240, 2003
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm new to the site and have a question, as I am trying to install a cd-changer on my w211 with a little help from a friend.

I've come to the step where you have to unplug the cable going to the motor of the cd-changer-compartment I think. It has 6 cables going to the connector and that is the only connector I have to unplug in order to get compartment out (I dont have a cd-changer today, so no other cables goes into the compartment today, exept the one that I mentioned)

It seems to stay in its place very hard and I cant find a latch of some sort? Is it just to pull this connector straight out with force or is there some clip I have to unlatch?

Thanks in advance!
Br
/joakim

·
Registered
W211 E240, 2003
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess I have to answer this myself since no one replied.

I couldnt get the connector off, but the cable was okey to stretch out, since it became longer if you loosened the connector from a certain holder that was attached to the cd changer compartment. Loosing the cable from this holder made it possible to get about a feet of extra cable which made it possible to remove the compartment without disconnecting the cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts