Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all,
Finnally one stel closer to inmstall my custom electronics system.. but I'm stuck on wirering USB cables to the trunk. I need to either remove or beter flip or push down the back seat so I can actually get to the wire channel.

I was able to remove actual seat (thats easy) but I can't find any way to push down the actuall backrest. I see the bolts on the side and it looks like seat should fold. The manual says that there should be handles in the trunk but I got none, and manual says that back seat backrest is combined of 3 parts and 2 of them are foldable... in my case i have single backrest.

Any Ideas how can i fold the back of the backseat?

Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok no replies, so I tell myself how to remove it...
when the back seta banch is removed there are 3 bolts under the back of the back seat. Basically 2 on the sides and one exactly in the middle. U unscrew them and lift the back up and its removed them.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Somewhat old thread, but if you have the same year/model as the OP, it could be that you don't have the 60/40 split fold rear seats. The only recourse then, to run cables, is to unbolt the rear seat.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know your car but in mine the procedures where as follows:

1. Remove Back Seat Banch (part on which you actually sitting)
- go sit on the banch on the driver side, slide left heand under the seat and you should find lock there. (basically hook lock) moove hoock hande around and it will unlock. (oh dont forger to get out from the sit ;-). Then do the same on passanger sode. Then pull banch toward the front of the car and litf it up a bit. Watcjh inner seatbelts they may not allow you to move as bukkle may stuck in the small whole.

2. Onse banch is removed, on the bottom of back of the back seat you will see 3 larde bolts. 2 of them on the sides are holding seat belts. and one in the moddle. Remove all 3. Now start pushing seat straight up. You moght need some impulses to be applied (also make sure rear head rest are fliped away. After some pushing you should be done.

This was done on W202 body 1996-2000 series (i dont know if that would be the same on '94-'97 and 01 models)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt play with '06 C-Class
On CLS 2007 banch type of seat there are the same hooks but they are much tghter then on old cars, you just have to look for the hook with you finders. Also on new models its not a string but some sort of clip i thin you dont have to move it, just press it up

·
Registered
6 Posts
i see 4 metal hooks cannot move them I tried pushing and pulling
Hooks are near the seat belt dongles 2006 is not full 3 seater bench

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
something not right there.
are you referin to 3rd passanger seatbelt buckle in the mitdle rear part of the sit?

the hookd should be on fron of the sear body. if something is not movable that may be directional guids for plasing seat in right position.

well i dont have that car to fill whats under the seat =)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep no problem,
well i can stop my frinds garadge tommorow if they have any 06 C, i can check how to remove seat on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts