Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to my friend at exhaust depot and had him remove my center resonator and just put pipes in its place.

I hated it, very raspy. So I went back and had him put an x pipe in...MUCH better. I love it now. You can barely tell there was a change from inside the car over stock, and from the outside, well check out the video. I'll do a drive by clip tomorrow, as I'm sure it will sound a little different under load. Opinions welcome. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I like it.

YouTube - 2008 C300 removed resonator

·
Registered
2009 C300 Sport 4Matic (Prior car was 2001 E320 4Matic)
123 Posts
So I went to my friend at exhaust depot and had him remove my center resonator and just put pipes in its place.

I hated it, very raspy. So I went back and had him put an x pipe in...MUCH better. I love it now. You can barely tell there was a change from inside the car over stock, and from the outside, well check out the video. I'll do a drive by clip tomorrow, as I'm sure it will sound a little different under load. Opinions welcome. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I like it.

YouTube - 2008 C300 removed resonator
It honestly doesn't sound like a Mercedes anymore. To me it sounded like a Pontiac.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I kinda like that sound. I'm not surprised that it sounds okay, since the stock exhaust has a bit of subtle snarl that you can only hear outside of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts