Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 C230 Sport
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the nicely-documented mirror removal on the board. I picked up a 2006 mirror off ebay to make sure I could do what I wanted (internally mount radar/laser display) before attempting to mod the mirror on my 2007. I pulled the interior light module and then tried to lever off the mirror with no luck. The 2007 mirror appears to be a bit different. The spring/clip mount appears to be the same. But where the 2006 has a cast base that extends the full length of the base, the 2007 is plastic and prying is clearly going to crack it. Is the compression/spring mount inside the metal bulge on the underside of the roof, or is there a spot-welded bracket on the bulge? Given the limited visibility due to the headliner I'm afraid to use too much force for fear that I am prying on and will tear off a spot-welded bracket. I had a small pry bar in there since screwdriver was useless. Any help greatly appreciated, this one is kicking my tail.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Pull the mirror down at one side after removal of overhead control module. The mirror is held in place by spring tension.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 C230 Sport
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll give that a try, didn't try pulling to left or right side.

I did learn that there is a bracket attached to the roof, with limited visibility due to close fit of headliner, I may have been prying on the bracket itself instead of the mirror :-O

1 - 3 of 3 Posts