Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the steps taken to remove orthopedic seats?

·
Registered
1984 500 SEL euro, 1989 560 SEL, 1980 450 SL, 1981 DeLorean, 2013 F10 BMW
1,253 Posts
Same as the regular seats yet you will need to remove the adjuster to the ortho seat from the supply plug. Simple male/female plug.

Regards,

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the air supply?

·
Registered
1984 500 SEL euro, 1989 560 SEL, 1980 450 SL, 1981 DeLorean, 2013 F10 BMW
1,253 Posts
Are you just trying to remove the seat or totally do away with the lumbar system?

Regards,

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes the seats are coming out completely as I want to sell them both as a whole system.

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,193 Posts
ah

lander91 said:
yes the seats are coming out completely as I want to sell them both as a whole system.
To be replaced with??? Milk crates???

J

·
0 Posts
Are This The Reacaro Classic ? What Are You Selling The Seats As They Are For? Very Interested!

J

·
0 Posts
Are Your Seats Recaro Classic's That Are Being Removed? If Yes Will You Sell Them" As Is " ?

·
Premium Member
1989 560SEC AMG Euro / 2012 C300 4Matic Sport / 2006 CLS500 AMG
2,338 Posts
What colour/material are your seats? Gen 1 or 2?

- Steve

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow old thread, the seats are gen 2, palimino/tan leather not recaro's - there'd be no way id sell them if they were. Im opting for a decent set of bucket recliners that ill trim in the factory leather to match the rest of the interior, im doing this because the seats in our W126's dont hold you bum in place and you have to brace yourself with your legs around corners to stop sliding off plus it will go with the "perfromance" theme.
So far the sunroof has been welded in I just have to do the body work to finish that off, the aerial has been deleted in favour of an autoloc hidden antenna. the engine is apart with the heads nearly finished being ported (p.s there aint much to port BTW the intake gaskets are pretty close size wise, compared to other heads ive seen) I then have to polish. With the front and rear windscrens out to fix the rust ill have the lap seems around these spot welded to see if that helps stiffen things up. It will have a cold air induction setup kinda like what was off my 117 that was in my sel before the 119 swap but better and a dual one. No A/C, no airpuimp (there wasnt one) no mech fan and im toying with putting the davis craig electric water pump thats lying around in my mechanics work shop in but thats way down the track.
Oh and ive bought a 5 speed box to go in as well.
Dont hold your breath guys im giving ,myself 2 years to finish the job, so youll have to hang out for pics until then, but dont fret im sure Jonothan will have his TT setup done, Talbir will have his M120 conversion done and Mike will have the LS6 swap done too before then.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Lander

In comparison to a stock seat, on the ortho seats,there is only one air pipe to remove from under the seat - no other connections need to be fiddled with. The lumbar adjustment switch simply connects to that single air pipe - that swithc is purely a mechanical device.

talbir

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah I see the pipe but is there nothing else. ie. is there a seperate air pmp somewhere?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The air pump is part of the central locking pump....the piping begins on an additional outlet on the central locking pump in the trunk and that leads to an air chamber hidden behind the petrol flap area...from there two pipes run to the front seats....one for each seat.

The central locking pump on lumbar support cars also has an additional electrial feed, the centre pin on the 3-pin plug that attaches to it....that feed is+12v with key in pos 1.

cheers
talbir

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks man appreciate the info

1 - 15 of 15 Posts