Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you know how to remove the plastic screen of the dome light/map light so i can get into the bulb to replace it? according to sylvannia, they are 6411 so i want to replace all of these. how do you replace the rear "vanity" light that turns on when the rear door is open or the switch is flipped in the console. last one is how do i replace the trunk light and the license plate lights??? please be as detailed as possible

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
The front dome light I'm pretty sure just slides right and then pulls down. The rear one... I thought it has screws right on it?

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't recall my rears having screws. on the passenger sie of the lights it was like a little tab. im not sure if i should push it in or pull it out, then what after?the other side has an opening but i don't see another tab there. and i know there aren't any screws for the trunk light... i can't wait to get a light in there.. so spooky and dark in there at night. oh and applied some of that Mothers Clear plastic cleaner/polish.. i forgot the name and i get more light in there :D that or it just seems like it. thanks for the advice pierce. ill check it out when i get out of school in a couple of hours

1 - 3 of 3 Posts