Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to close out my supply of parts for the vario roof controller that I designed and build. There has not been a lot of business lately, which is not surprising, as the R170 has been around for a while, so most owners who wanted one probably already have gotten one. But if there is sufficient interest, I would run a closeout build and sell directly at a reduced price of $169 plus shipping ($5 to US locations).

If you're not familiar with my controller, it uses the factory remote to open or close the top, allows one-touch operation from the center console, and allows top operation up to 25 mph. This unit is for the R170 only. More including installation instructions at BVRC

Send me a pm if interested, or use the email link on my web site. I'll respond privately and let you know if there is sufficient interest. If I can close off the group by Jan 2, expect delivery by Jan 22. If not, delivery may stretch into Feb.

·
Registered
PROUD OWNER! 2002 slk32 AMG
1,505 Posts
ok! after checking out the website i have a better grasp of what we have been emailing about.
count me in for 1!

·
Registered
Australia, 99SLK230 R170, 2001SLK32
1,374 Posts
me too....

looking forward to it if you ship to Australia.
Anyone in Australia bought one of these?

My Car - 99SLK230

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
bringing back to the front. how many do we need to get the buy going? i would like to install mine as the weather keeps the 32 in the garage for the winter

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If everyone follows through, I have enough for a build. I will email or pm back with payment instructions early next week. It will take about two weeks for the build and shipping.

I can ship to Australia. Send me your address and I'll get a shipping price. I will only put the actual price paid on custom forms, not a lower one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dick, I would like one unit if not too late.

Motorjoe

I would like to close out my supply of parts for the vario roof controller that I designed and build. There has not been a lot of business lately, which is not surprising, as the R170 has been around for a while, so most owners who wanted one probably already have gotten one. But if there is sufficient interest, I would run a closeout build and sell directly at a reduced price of $169 plus shipping ($5 to US locations).

If you're not familiar with my controller, it uses the factory remote to open or close the top, allows one-touch operation from the center console, and allows top operation up to 25 mph. This unit is for the R170 only. More including installation instructions at BVRC

Send me a pm if interested, or use the email link on my web site. I'll respond privately and let you know if there is sufficient interest. If I can close off the group by Jan 2, expect delivery by Jan 22. If not, delivery may stretch into Feb.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
hows the build going dickb? enough payments made or are you going to build those that paid?

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I completed the build and to those who had paid before Friday I sent them via Priority Mail on Friday. A couple more going out tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
recieved my vario roof controller today!! man thats a lot of wires! maybe ill attack it this weekend

·
Registered
2003 SLK 230. Speer pulley kit. Depo euro headlights with led. Led taillights
615 Posts
Is there a way to add the lock/unlock "chirp" function to this unit?

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Describe it, please. My car, and I thought all US cars unless programmed otherwise by the dealer, sounds the horn when locking/unlocking with the remote.

·
Registered
2003 SLK 230. Speer pulley kit. Depo euro headlights with led. Led taillights
615 Posts
I want the car alarm to sound briefly on locking with the remote. Currently my car does not have this function. Please check PM.

·
Registered
2002 SLK32AMG,1995 E320 Cab 1990 300CE(Gone).2002 ML320 (Gone)
477 Posts
The chirping is a dealer programmed option commonly known as the "Netherlands option"
I had my dealer program it soon after delivery. The car chirps to confirm locking and unlocking by the remote,
It will be interesting to see what happens when the RVRC is installed - I plan on installing it next weekend.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts