Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my C in for its A service. We talked to the tech about the remote unlock non-feature for the early Cs. They claimed to be unaware that this was the case, proves they're either idiots or liars. Anyways, the car's now spending the night while they research the issue. Does anyone know if there is a fix or are all the early buyers just SOL?<p>cx262852-b.alpn1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
have the keys replaced, period.<br> If this won't help, have the EIS replaced, and recoded, period.<br> EIS = Electrnic Ignition Switch<br> I was trying to convice my service to replace all<br> my keys since they were working 1 of 3 tries.<br> It took me 3 months to have all the keys renewed,<br> but fortunately it cured all the symptoms<br> without replacing ignition switch. There's a BUNCH<br> of tech bulletins on that subject, i really don't<br> understand why they are trying to fool you.<br> <p>pschp-227.man.polbox.pl

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not the problem

My keys are fine and have always worked for over a year now. What I'm talking about is the ability of MB to remotely unlock the car if you're locked out of it. It's not really a huge issue, it's just when we bought the car the stealership really played up the fact that you could never be locked out. MB figured out that this feature didn't work on the early 01 Cs and fixed it on the production line. Now when you read the find print in any MB literature, it says feature not availible on C Class manufactured prior to 12/00. But when we bought the car we told it had it and all the literature last October and November said the new Cs had it. Does anyone know if MB ever figured a way to retofit the fix? <br> <p>cx262852-b.alpn1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks BigT

Our car's getting the new harness installed and should be done today. I really don't understand why MB hasn't recalled the early Cs for this retrofit??? They only do it for the owners who ask about it? That's very lame and I expected better from MB. There's thousands of C owners out there that will never have the feature they paid for, or even know they don't have it!<p>cx262852-b.alpn1.sdca.home.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts