Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'89 300SE; '76 300D; '99 C230 Kompressor
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 300SE on which I would like to install a remote start and unlock. Most of the unit I read about work on electric door locks. Anyone know what I should look for?

·
Registered
14 E350
2,046 Posts
Try Clifford.............

I've used three of their systems and have no complaints. If you don't have power locks they will have to install solenoids.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
remote start

It has the vacuum locking system (doors and trunk). Probably will need one solenoid at drivers door. Don't have a Clifford dealer around here.

·
Registered
14 E350
2,046 Posts
My wife's car has a Viper system.............

Both our cars have remote start. I personally like the Clifford system better because you can set and tweak your alarm's sensitivity with your master remote. The Viper system requires you to tweak the potentiometer at the main control unit. You can buy the Clifford system over the internet and have some place like Circuit City install it for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
remote start

Which model did you get? I suppose the AvantGuard 4 is best.

·
Registered
14 E350
2,046 Posts
I've currently have the..............

ACE 5000 it's been discontinued already. However, my last two were Intelliguards and they are my favorite. Advantguard is Cliffords "Flagship" model. It's their best and most expensive along with all the bells and whistles.
Irottering, what are you looking for in a alarm system besides keyless entry and remote start?

·
Registered
1994 E420 (W124)
22 Posts
Clifford RS III Responder Technology

I just installed the new Clifford RS III Responder with 2-way communication LCD and auto-start. This is one of the best alarms on the market by DEI (Viper/Clifford).
http://www.directed.com/coms.asp
Install took about 2-1/2 hours. The only con I have with this system is it only has channels. If anyone has any questions regarding this system, please do not hesitate to email me. I am an authorized Viper/Clifford dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
remote start/unlock

garyroseyu,
Actually, I am not looking for an alarm, just remote start and unlock. 2 remotes, indicator that car is running. I don't know anything about these things, but pretty basic, I guess. Thanks.

·
Registered
C230 Kompressor Spor
1 Posts
GPS security

I looked into the Viper system for my car with remote start. They tried to get me to buy the GPS security system with it and it didnt seem to offer much in the way of options. I started looking around at other alternatives and I bought the Direct-Track system for my car. My friend had it installed on his CLK230 and it was awesome. I think the site was www.gpsnationwide.com . I ended up buying a cheaper remote start, but now I can start my car using my cell phone, who needs a key fob.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts