Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SEL
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that Mercedes cars could not get remote command start systems. Is this correct? Id like to get one for my 94 S500 if possible. thx

·
Registered
1995 Silver S-320
681 Posts
if a installer told you that then he just doesn't have experience with these cars and is going on rumors. Find a shop that has a reputation of working with older German Cars.

I Had an already installed remote start when i bought my used W140 around 2005. And according to the paperwork it was installed a few years before that. It's been working without any issues in the car for nearly 9 or 10 years. Btw the Car is a 1995

And the other W140 in the family is a 1999 and had it installed just a few years ago. Now the newer models for some reason are a bit more complicated to intall in and there is a small wire running on the outside of the ignition (i don't know the details). Where as my 1995 W140 has a clean install with no wires visible anywhere. But either way both work perfectly

Anyway long story short go talk to a more experienced guy and he'll do it properly. Don't go for the cheap guy who just learned how to install remote starts yesterday.

·
Registered
85 190e/8v & 89 420 SEL
1,073 Posts
Our shop would do it. I mean... My boss would sell it to you and give me the work order. I'd then spend 4 hours installing the alarm with remote start. You would pay around $500 for this. I'd make $50, Boss would make $250.

·
Registered
1987 560SEL
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have "Command Start" sticker under hood on front grill guard? Maybe I DO have Command Start? , but only got 2 regular keys when I got car? Oh boy........ I will have to take to a "Command Start" retailer .. Maybe they can look and see if I have all the parts. There is a double antenna up on front glass near rear view mirror. Hmmmmm

·
Registered
16 Posts
i say get someone to change the frequency so that whoever you baught it from doesnt come and steal it from you. a lot of people are doing that at the moment. they sell you a car keep a set of keys and steal it from you. or if anything turn off the second attenna or cut the wires. you dont want your car to get stolen

·
Registered
1987 560SEL
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good info. I will find someone to look at this and see if I can get it looked at. I dont know if the actual mechanizm is there for the command start , just an antenna is all I see? No key to start by command either, just a sticker under the hood that says I have it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts