Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350 Diamond Silver
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I should be getting my roof module from peicha.com pretty soon, hopefully by this weekend!

Was hoping someone on the board that lives around Los Angeles, who already has experience with this "20-30" mins installation can help me with it. I read that long thread already... and hell, I'd figure it'll be easier to find someone who's already done it.

I live by Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. Open to drive anywhere close by too if it's convenient for you. Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All done! Good to go!

Well.. thank you all for reading and not responding. :confused: :D

Couldn't wait... so I just had a crack at it. After reading that long thread about this install, I was a little worried. But after the fact, it was actually quite easy!

I have to give another big THANK YOU to Shinigami for taking the time to post up his experience w/pics!! This was a great help!! Much better than the instructions from peicha. But hey, we shouldn't forget that this product came from them, so great job too! Maybe peicha.com should re-do their installation instructions?? Cut/paste from this board!

What I learned was that it's a whole lot easier and less time consuming to just use a voltmeter with a needle. If there are several RED wires.. and yes, there are a few. Just poke into them and check for a current. This way, you don't have to worry about it. After this was all done, I just hit my unlock 3 times, worked like a charm. Didn't have to activate it or anything. Hit lock 3 times, and beauty in motion.

While I was at it, I also hardwired my V1! Also got a set of instructions from here or was it at MBWorld... hmm??

Good luck to anyone else who's gonna try this!!

-Sid

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
Awesome, the installation is straight forward and pretty simple once you've done it. Time to show it off to your neighbors, family, and friends. :D

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
slktyperice said:
Anyone wanna do this FOR me? I'll pay them. =) Module + Hardwire V1...just cuz I'm lazy.
...pay my flight to Pasadena, and I'll bring my tools and fit em for you !!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rice,

LOL... you're joking right?? Weren't you the one that modded your stereo??

You can always wait till we meet up, like the one someone was organizing... shouldn't take more than "30 mins"... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts