Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have searched the threads but cannot find someone with the same issue.

My backup key fob had a really short range, so I believed the batteries to be getting flat, and changed them.
But now, I cannot lock/unlock or open the trunk with the remote, even though the light comes on when I press a button.

With this key fob I have to use the blade to unlock the car and then it starts correctly when inserted into the ignition. I have tried starting it a couple of times but the remote functions still don't work. The other key fob remote functions work fine.

Does the fob with the new batteries have to sit in the ignition for a period (and does the car have to be running) before remote functions will be restored? Help!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has started working again, but only when within a few feet of the driver's door, and even then it's very temperamental (sometimes remote won't do anything even though the light comes on/fresh batteries). Is the fob damaged or on the way out?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,864 Posts
If you're having the problem with only one of your Smartkeys, and the battery is OK, it is probably the key.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts