Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1968 250s W108
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 94 s320 with the older remote key with the single button, for awhile the remote key was working perfectly fine... eventually there was a point where it was working on and off. eventually the remote case was getting loose and the red plastic for the infrared fell out and i lost it. the remote eventually stop working all in all and that is when i purchased new batteries. i made sure the batteries was in correctly... negative down, positive up, still not working, just say that i might have to reprogram it due to changing out the battiers? haven't tried the reprograming, will read the manual when i get home due to me not having the car today and attempt it. but i was wondering could it be from me losing the red plastic for the infrared or did my remote just give out? sorry if what i'm saying sounds stupid.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
1968 250s W108
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i looked up the manual and tried to re-sync it... didn't work. manual told me to briefly press unlock/lock for a second then wait approx. 30 secs, insert key into door and lock/unlock doors and it should be re-synced.

any advice would help. thanks

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
Try to syncronize, if you hold the button you should see some light where the lens was, if not it is probably bad. They are under $200 complete, unless your dealer is a crook. Do you have more than one to try.

Attachments

·
Registered
1968 250s W108
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks peter, well mine is a 94 but for some apparent reason i have a 93 manual in my car? cause it told me to sync with by locking/unlocking the car. if the pdf you gave me is correct then i have to sync it through the ignition. thanks for the help will let you know what i come up with.

as for the led lighting up when i pressed it... i never noticed anything... even when the remote key was working.

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts