Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
00 C-230, 04 C-240
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 04 C240, 17K, from "House of Imports" a few months ago. The car came with one remote entry key, & the sales lady told me that she would locate the second (spare) key for me. Well, I contacted her recentry regarding the spare key & she informed me that I would have to purchase the key (around $170, plus programming) -- just one more story of dealer's sales department promisses. Also missing was a CD magazine, & no magazine to date, or the radio code I was asking her about. Anyway, if I purchase a remote entry key from a non-dealer source, will I be able to program it myself?

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The car should be been sold with two keys. It came that way from the factory and if you didn't get both, the car is not secure. There is no outside source for keys, only a dealer. You cannot program one yourself.

The MB no longer uses radio codes. The cd magazine is an Alpine magazine and is available at Circuit City etc or any Alpine dealer.

·
Registered
00 C-230, 04 C-240
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Lesson learned -- don't believe dealers!! I will contact their sales manager. Perhaps he can resolve this. The CD magazine is only around $30, so no great loss. I would like to mention that a second key was made for me when I purchased a used 2000 C230 from the Long Beach, CA dealer a few years ago. One can get great deals at House of Imports, but I think they are just too big to help with little stuff. Once you drive out of the showroom, you are on your own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts