Registered
S350 TD w140
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you remember this post?

Post 1

Post 2

and 2007

9 month i hav been waiting for a remote control for my w140.... i cant explain why...

other way, i think i cant buy the remote control and Which alarm do you recommend me?

no expensive please....
This way.... i still waiting my remote control because MERCEDES BENZ can´t send me....

2 years waiting from i paid my remote control to open the door of my car, i had sent mails to Mercedes in NL (Netherland) but they said to me that i must to change all the keys and the box of infrared of my car.... i can´t beleive, i want my remote control to open the door... my keys works, the box of infrared works....

¿what is the problem? Can´t you find the code of my car? Is your problem.... i can´t believe, thae want i paid 1000€ (900 dollars) for all one.... if i only want a new remote... my remote is broken....

And the second mail the said to me that if i can send to them my remote... i i said that o don´t have becase is broken and i leave in Garbage ...

Sorry for my english but i am spanish... and in the school the english teacher are bad....

¿What can i do?

·
Registered
1999 S500 GRAND EDITION (32,800 Miles)
269 Posts
Typical Mercedes response

From your post I will have to make some assumptions. First, I will have to assume that the only thing wrong is that the key remote is bad.

If that is true, you should be able to order a new remote, properly programmed for your car from a Mercedes Dealer. You do not need to have all new keys and you do not have to have the remote system replaced.

You will have to supply the VIN number of your car to the dealer. The remote is not cheap--$200-250 USD---although I have no idea what it might cost in Spain.

Once you receive the key, you might have to reset it for your car but that procedure is found in the owners manual---or by a search on this Forum. I ordered a replacement remote key from my dealer and it arrived and worked right out of the box.

As you can see, I am in the US so can only tell you what to do based upon my experience with a US car, but it seems that a EURO car would have the same procedure.

I must say that you are not the first person I have heard of that has been told by a Mercedes dealer that you have to replace the whole system if you have lost or damaged the remote---it just isn't true---at least for US cars.

Try another Mercedes dealer--that one sounds like many of the US dealers--a thief.

Good luck.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Telechronos

1999 S500 Grand Edition (mileage 39,689)
1984 380SL
1987 BMW L7
1955 MG TF1500
1969 Factory Stick, Factory Tri-power Pontiac Grand Prix SJ

·
Registered
1995 Silver S-320
681 Posts
The sad part is for not much more than that price wise, you can have a very very good auto start system put in that will seamlessly work w/ the car's pre-wiring. You will be able to open, close, open the trunk, and start the car from across the parking lot due to the Radio Frequency system compared to the obsolete Infrared Remotes Mercedes offered. (its also insanely priceless in the winter)

So in summation if i were in your position i would go for a good autostart but thats just my opinion. I've had the autostart in the car atleast 6 years now and still not single problem caused by it.

·
Registered
S350 TD w140
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sad part is for not much more than that price wise, you can have a very very good auto start system put in that will seamlessly work w/ the car's pre-wiring. You will be able to open, close, open the trunk, and start the car from across the parking lot due to the Radio Frequency system compared to the obsolete Infrared Remotes Mercedes offered. (its also insanely priceless in the winter)

So in summation if i were in your position i would go for a good autostart but thats just my opinion. I've had the autostart in the car atleast 6 years now and still not single problem caused by it.
the autostart is nice in countries with low temperature, but i live in a island (canary island in south spain) and all the year is over 23º C ( 71.6º F )

I know that is obsolete the remote control, but i like the original remote.

Thanks

·
Registered
S350 TD w140
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From your post I will have to make some assumptions. First, I will have to assume that the only thing wrong is that the key remote is bad.

If that is true, you should be able to order a new remote, properly programmed for your car from a Mercedes Dealer. You do not need to have all new keys and you do not have to have the remote system replaced.

You will have to supply the VIN number of your car to the dealer. The remote is not cheap--$200-250 USD---although I have no idea what it might cost in Spain.

Once you receive the key, you might have to reset it for your car but that procedure is found in the owners manual---or by a search on this Forum. I ordered a replacement remote key from my dealer and it arrived and worked right out of the box.

As you can see, I am in the US so can only tell you what to do based upon my experience with a US car, but it seems that a EURO car would have the same procedure.

I must say that you are not the first person I have heard of that has been told by a Mercedes dealer that you have to replace the whole system if you have lost or damaged the remote---it just isn't true---at least for US cars.

Try another Mercedes dealer--that one sounds like many of the US dealers--a thief.

Good luck.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Telechronos

1999 S500 Grand Edition (mileage 39,689)
1984 380SL
1987 BMW L7
1955 MG TF1500
1969 Factory Stick, Factory Tri-power Pontiac Grand Prix SJ
in europe is the same that USA, the have my VIN, i paid 150euros (200 dollars) for the remote control, but the want i change all the system, because the don´t find the code for my car and is more easy that i paid for all one that the paid all the system pecause the have the problem, not me.

My car is OK, the system of the remte is OK, i need just a new remote no more... beause i had used until it was broken.

The problem is not with my Mercedes Dealer, because my Mercedes Dealer of my town need to request to German. And by mail said to me that i need to change all one, but they can´t said why.

I am boring with that, great company, but poor service..... :surrender:

·
Registered
185 Posts
why not take your car to a shop and have an after market alarm put in ??
that would solve all the issues with locking and unlocking, and if the technician is good it can integrate it into the factory system.
Alarms these days are far more advanced than what they had back then !

·
Registered
S350 TD w140
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that would solve all the issues with locking and unlocking, and if the technician is good it can integrate it into the factory system.
i don´t know which one i good for my car... in Spain is difficult to fid a good electrical that confirm a good alarm for my car....

¿Do you know some one?

·
Registered
1995 Silver S-320
681 Posts

this is essentially what i meant w/ the autostart suggestion. Any of those systems integrate w/ the car much better and much more functional than that obsolete remote. But if you must have it then you must have it i suppose. Cheers.:D

·
Registered
185 Posts
i don´t know which one i good for my car... in Spain is difficult to fid a good electrical that confirm a good alarm for my car....

¿Do you know some one?
Here you go...
Directed Electronics - Security & Remote Start

sit down and see what you want in a system and then go through the list and see if you like any.

DEI is one of the top manufacturer for car electronics and have a very wide range of products from car alarms to car audio and video.
Mainly i would be looking at the Viper line up and Clifford.
Good luck...

·
Registered
S350 TD w140
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here you go...
Directed Electronics - Security & Remote Start

sit down and see what you want in a system and then go through the list and see if you like any.

DEI is one of the top manufacturer for car electronics and have a very wide range of products from car alarms to car audio and video.
Mainly i would be looking at the Viper line up and Clifford.
Good luck...
thanks i´ll see the web :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts