Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,488 Posts
Earlier this year, Rob Pickering drove this vehicle in an event that ran from Los Angeles to Cabo San Lucas (Tip of Baja) and back, a 4000Km jaunt. I think that it was the only UNIMOG on the trip.

It is rolling on a set of the new Atlas 4x4 aluminum rims, which Rob can provide. They are nice and also pricey, at $1650 per corner.

The Rooftop tent looks to be a custom adaptation, using the tent developed for the Adventure Trailers Jeep conversion.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So have we ever gotten any word back on how that body is holding up? I know we all swore it would crack and turn to dust etc but I feel it's like that guy on reddit who built and ursa jeep to go to africa, everyone told him he was gonna die a horrible death at the hands of stereotypical natives; jokes on them he had a great time.

I like that tent as a means to utilize the length of the cab although the jeep deployment looks a little silly as compared to the usual side flipping model but there's a foot for every sock so I'm sure it makes someones day.

Did the impala make it there and back I wonder? Like the guy who does Moab in a crown vic, never know until you try.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
10 Participants
TRUKTOR
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing