Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres the deal my 2001 s600 transmission is shot , i am thinking about getting a dealer remanufactured transmission from germany , did anyone do this to there car ? does anyone have any experience with this? if anyone has any info in this area i will be glad to hear from you thanks

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
most of the parts the dealer sells are reman parts, ac compressors, engines, transmissions, etc.....they carry the same parts warranty as a new part. they do sell new transmissions but you are looking at paying 2 times the price. there is nothing wrong with a reman

·
Registered
163 Posts
I only recommend and install factory rebuilt units for my customers. I dont trust transmissions shops and their rebuilding skills. Tried it a few times, no thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only recommend and install factory rebuilt units for my customers. I dont trust transmissions shops and their rebuilding skills. Tried it a few times, no thanks.
thanks for the reply , do you think the factory rebuilt are built better were the work out the kinks? also going with a used trans is not a good gamble in your view?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I dont know if they use updated parts, I would presume they do. Every trans we installed has been trouble free as far as I know. as far as used trans, thats always a gamble, if you do go with one, make sure it came from a low mileage vehicle, and also ask the salvaga yard that sells it for some written warranty. Most salvage yards give 60-90 day warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts