Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres the deal my transmission on my 2001 s600 is shot and i need a new one , does anyone have any experience with these dealer remanufactured transmission from germany ? a bit pricey but i dont want to run into problems down the road , so if anyone out there has an experience in this area , i would be glad to hear thanks

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
The trans on my 92 went out, and after a little research, decided to go with the MB rebuilt. My reasoning was that it had a 2year 24Kmi warranty, that would be honored at any MB dealer. There were indipendent shops that would have done it for half the price, with a lesser warrany. They did order a converter, but decided it was not neccessary, there were some minor items like cooler hoses and transmission mount which raised the price, but they also gave me my MB club discount of 10%

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The trans on my 92 went out, and after a little research, decided to go with the MB rebuilt. My reasoning was that it had a 2year 24Kmi warranty, that would be honored at any MB dealer. There were indipendent shops that would have done it for half the price, with a lesser warrany. They did order a converter, but decided it was not neccessary, there were some minor items like cooler hoses and transmission mount which raised the price, but they also gave me my MB club discount of 10%
how long have you had the trans in for? and has it gave you any problems ? does it feel the same, better or worse than the old one ?

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
I had it done in March of 08 at 94K, it now has over a 110K, I cant tell any difference from early in its life before reverse went out. MB does rebuild other things that are used or sold thru the dealer network.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts