·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2002 SLK 230 1986 560SL 2008 Honda CRV
3,664 Posts
I'm running those on my 230, had them for about four months with the ceramic pads. So far they work great, I also bought them from the same seller which is about 30 min. from my place. The seller ships fast, the only problem I have is the powder coating is weak.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Are they trying to make them look like two piece disks, By painting the centers ?

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
For normal day to day driving, almost anything will work, so not to worry......... :D
For track use the slotted rotors are best particularly if you don't know their background.
In this case though, the slots look a bit thin and sharp. They may lead to stress cracks if used VERY hard, something you are not going to do.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
what are 2 piece disks?
Two piece disks are just what they sound like. The rotors are made up of two seperate piecies - the hat which is the part that bolts to the hub and disk which is bolted to the hat.

Generally the hats are made of aluminum and the entire rotor weighs significantly less than a single piece rotor. They also happen to be significantly more expensive.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
The Brembo BBK use 2 piece rotors.

Most of the other rotors from Brembo are single piece.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts