Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day fellow B Class owners!

I'm new to the B Class forum. I am considering a low mileage 2007 B200T as a replacement for my current wheels.

Whilst I think that the B200T would suit my needs well; small family and wife prefers to drive a smaller/shorter vehicle, my concern is the general reliability of the B Class.

Whilst researching the B Class forum as well as other European forums, I get the impression that the reliability of the B Class is somewhat inconsistent; some owners report no major problems whilst others can be besieged with multiple issues.

Would fellow B Class owners kindly give their feedback on their B Class reliability?
If there have been issues, what have been the most problematic?

Thanks!
MB9900

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 200 CDI with 50000km, so far so good. Zero problems for me. My wife had some trouble with it but I easily resolved it. Convinced her that it won't run on an empty tank :D

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Good observation [email protected],
I do get very good fuel economy but unfortunately as you've noted, your B does take "some" fuel to operate.... There are great posting on the many little up's and down's of the B class.

The rear brakes can rust up with soft driving as discussed in the posts above. In general I'm super satisfied!!
It is an MB and the stealers do like to charge as much as think you will tolerate. Derek

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
There have been no reliability issues with mine. There was one factory QC issue, now rectified, but it was not a reliability thing.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I had one of the first 06' models - mine has been - well - a bit problematic -

Windshield wiper motor - washer pump - smart stalk (3 times) - seized brakes & calipers (2x) - Coolant warning (3 times & still not fixed) - door trim falling off (2 x)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
My first B was also problematic (see various earlier posts) but it was a sept 05 model.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the new one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have had my B-Class for 8 months and I have not had to take it into the shop even once since I picked it up. This is quite unusual in that this is the first car that I've had that didn't require even a few small things to be fixed. The car is really quite a good little car. Its not the fanciest thing in the world compared to more expensive Mercedes models but it is well designed and very functional.

No real complaints about the car other than the AUX Input should have come standard with the vehicle. It does need snow tires if you are driving in snow on a regular basis and it would have been nice if the Radio has the RDS feature and better speakers.

I'm pleased.

Jordan.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
The A-Class rated just immediately behind the Toyota Corolla in the 2006 ADAC Pannenstatistik, and the 2005 and 2006 models were actually better than the Toyota. The 05/06 A is the same mechanically as the B.

The BMW 1er topped the class in that year's breakdown statistics. So the idea that Japanese cars are more reliable is not always true.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
i have a B200T with the luxury pack including sun roof....great car so far and have not regretted buying one. 2007 model with 2500km on it now.
Nice to drive though we had to take back to dealer as there was a rattle underneath. It was a brake caliper (glade I didn't need my brakes !!!) But we still enjoy driving and with the luxury pack it brings the car interior up to Merc level which I though was lacking in stand trim.
I have also a 2006 SLK 350 with 8500km on it (again top to drive)

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Hi ozzislk,
Glad to have you on board.:beerchugr:I also had a rattle in the front caliper, but it was quickly resolved with a little lube.
Cheers, Derek

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi ozzislk,
Glad to have you on board.:beerchugr:I also had a rattle in the front caliper, but it was quickly resolved with a little lube.
Cheers, Derek
Hey Derek!

I had the same rattling problem that was driving me crazy!...It disapeared when I took the car to B Service...But Certainly I do not want to go to the dealer again for that reason ( that will fry me $$$!!)..How did you solve the problem? Where did you put the lube? What lube was it?

Thanks in advance

Greetings from Old Mexico:thumbsup:

Jomoto

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Hi Jomoto,
At the B service(my first service) they put silicone lube on all sliders which guide the calipers on and off the rotors.(disks)
Tell us more about you(fill in the profile) and that B service list and maybe we can save you some $$$
Cheers, Derek:eclipsee_steering:

·
Registered
44 Posts
If your B is an early version and the rattle is very noticeable I believe that a mod is available. Don't know what is involved, I have asked my local dealer if the work has been done on my car.... not replied yet.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
In the old days (get the violin out again) they used to fit anti-rattle plates (or shims) a very thin piece of metal usually the same shape as the disk pad which fitted between the end of the piston and the back of the disk pad on noisy brakes. Thought they had become standard fitment on all brakes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts