Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 SEL (1989)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please identify these relays for me?
"F" - I understand is the fuel pump relay.
When the fuel pump goes on the blink, which terminal do you jump to get the fuel pump working?

Car is a RHD 300 SEL with airconditioner.

Attachments

·
Banned
1992 W126 300 SE
11,045 Posts
I just went through this whole thing last Friday-check back in this forum'Fuel pump relay-location?'

To answer your specific question quickly-jump sockets 7 and 8.

cheers

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
As an aside you should Really get those aluminum fuses out. Dis-similar metals[xx(] only lead to issues.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Jonathan’s right, I replaced the fuses with the brass/copper alloys in all my MBs. Cheap insurance. That fixed the ACC problem in my 123.

·
Registered
300 SEL (1989)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deathrattle - 5/11/2005 6:24 PM

I just went through this whole thing last Friday-check back in this forum'Fuel pump relay-location?'

To answer your specific question quickly-jump sockets 7 and 8.

cheers
Reviewed your earlier thread. The markings on your fuel pump relay don't seem to match with the # you quoted. Reading the marking on the relay pins
Left --> Right, First Top --> Bottom:-
Top row :- 31;15;87;87H
Bottom Row :- 50;TD;30;87k;67V;TF

Which holes corresponding to the above pins are to be jumped ???

Apart from the fuel pump relay, my interest was to identify the other relays in the photograph A-->G
Can anyone please help?

Jonathan :- Thanks for the tip - must get around to change the fuses to copper.

jdc1244a :- I been wanting to ask you how & what to do to get one of those Temperature Gauges shown on your reply to my queery. If I get one, it will display the Temperatures in Singapore for all to see.

·
Banned
1992 W126 300 SE
11,045 Posts
That's why i referred to socket numbers and not pins on the relay.You have to get your head in with a torch(flashlight) and check the numbers on the socket into which the relay plugs.They are numbered 1 thru 12.

As mentioned in my topic,the handbook makes no mention of relays and i too would be interested to know the function of all the others.I'm pretty sure that info will be on the maintenance CD,if anyone would be kind enough to post.

·
Registered
300 SEL (1989)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
deathrattle - 5/12/2005 6:39 PM

That's why i referred to socket numbers and not pins on the relay.You have to get your head in with a torch(flashlight) and check the numbers on the socket into which the relay plugs.They are numbered 1 thru 12.

As mentioned in my topic,the handbook makes no mention of relays and i too would be interested to know the function of all the others.I'm pretty sure that info will be on the maintenance CD,if anyone would be kind enough to post.
Dug up the attachment (see page 104 )re Fuses & Relays.

·
Registered
300 SEL (1989)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deathrattle - 5/12/2005 6:39 PM

Thanks for the tip on Jumper socket Nos.
Dug up some information, but couldn't up load & attach.
However, refering to the photo above Relays are :-
A. Exterior Lamp Failure Monitoring Unit.
B.Combination Relay (Turn Signal, HazardLamp,Wiper/Washer)
C. High Speed (Auxiliary Fan)
D. Low Speed (Auxiliary Fan)
H. Power Seat Relay
F. Fuel Pump Relay.
G. ???

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
sss11 - 5/10/2005 9:09 PM

jdc1244a :- I been wanting to ask you how & what to do to get one of those Temperature Gauges shown on your reply to my queery. If I get one, it will display the Temperatures in Singapore for all to see.
It’s magic. [:D]

Just click on the banner link in my sig and it will take you to http://banners.wunderground.com. you can then get one for your city.

·
Registered
300 SEL (1989)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RE: Relays - Off Topic

jdc1244a,
Thanks, after 2 days I finally (I think!), got the sticker sorted out.

Anyone found out what relay "G" is for?
Pt. No. 002 545 13 05

·
Registered
300 SEL (1989)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For Your Information, found out from E-Bay posting Relay "G" Part # 002 545 13 05 is the A/C Compressor Relay for L6 M103.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts