Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 01 S500 and paid a ton a few months ago to have the suspension pump replaced. Today, an ABC warning came on telling me that the car was too low, and not to drive - and it looks low. Can anyone tell me what the relationship is, if any, between the ABC system and the suspension pump?

Also, the car has been sitting in the garage for a couple of weeks without being driven.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
do you have airmatic suspension or abc? i have yet to see a s500 with abc suspension. basically the abc pump is a dual pump (tandem pump) used for both the suspension and the power steering. as its name, it pumps fluid through the system. you could have a faulty strut or a bad valve block.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
do you have airmatic suspension or abc? i have yet to see a s500 with abc suspension. basically the abc pump is a dual pump (tandem pump) used for both the suspension and the power steering. as its name, it pumps fluid through the system. you could have a faulty strut or a bad valve block.
I agree, he seems to be confused over the two different systems and my guess is that its Airmatic. Ive never seen ABC on a 01 S500:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts