Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This car passed California smog a year ago, but then just stopped running correctly, and that's about as much of a story as I have of it. This started as one of those "it's such a good deal I just can't pass it up" situations. It does start, run and drive, but not well. So far I've determined that at least one catalytic converter is restricted, so they are getting replaced. I've found that it has several blink codes, the codes are 7, 20, 42, 52 and I believe I've found the correct list of fault codes. I'm trying to determined which 38 pin capable tool will work best for this and other future projects. There is a tear in the driver's side intake boot after the MAF, I have that temporarily patched. It does shift hard, I'll be replacing the transmission fluid and filter. I just wanted to say that because of this forum I'm feeling more confident about this undertaking. The car is in good shape and a lot of things are good about it, I'd hate to end up just parting it out so I'm going to give it an honest effort.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts