Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
350SDL, '17 GLS450, "Grandpa's Roadster" Project Car
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I won't have an exact price until I find out how much it costs to ship them here. Right now I'm planning on the same as last time, $205 for the bar and $70 for UPS in the continental US. A 25% increase in shipping to me would amount to about $4.50 per bar.

Optional: $5.50 for the SLS U-bolt if you need it and about $10 each for steel sway bar links. I'm also looking at supplying better mounting hardware and bushings, but don't have a firm price. It's likely to fall in the $20 range.

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Are you not getting my emails? I don't think it bounced back to me. I'll resend it.

The answer is "yes", I need deposits now. If I can't get enough I may have to postpone or cancel the order.

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I'm posting the email here, in case anyone else is interested, or didn't get it.

I will be placing the order tomorrow. (Order placed 3/25) Lead time is 12-15 weeks. The estimated pricing is $205 per bar, same as last time. I'm basing the estimate on the shipping last time from the manufacturer to me. If it goes up significantly I'll need to adjust the price slightly, but that cost is spread over the whole order, so it shouldn't amount to much. Last time the shipping per bar was about $17.00.

I'm setting the shipping cost from me to you at $70 for anywhere inside the Continental US. I can ship two bars in the same box for no additional charge, and I have put 3 in one box in the past, but there was a moderate additional charge for the third bar.

To reserve your spot, please send a deposit of $100 per bar. You can send PayPal to this email address. Or, you can mail a personal check to:

(Message me for the address)

In past orders I have offered some extra parts to make installations easier and better, including a longer, stainless steel U-bolt for the SLS arm and metal sway bar links to replace the composite ones used in the W126. I will be pricing them in the next week or two, after I get an idea of the quantities involved. Also, this time I hope to have available better bushings and mounting hardware. I had hoped to work with the manufacturer to improve the included hardware, but the current situation does not allow us to make any changes, and, if I asked them to simply remove the current hardware that would trigger a re-pricing, and the end result would be the price would go up. So, I'm leaving the product as is for now, and will probably be offering the improved hardware separately. I have sample parts in hand, but need time to install them on my car to ensure they are worth while. I also have a few of the U-bolts on hand from last time; the price was and is $5.00.

PayPal charges roughly 3% but you get purchase protection. They also have a way, used to be called "Friends and Family," where you could forgo the buyer's protection but don't get charged the commission. Since I don't make enough money to cover much more than actual expenses, this is an expense I need to cover. I will adjust everyone's final payment to cover any options and any PayPal fees. Personal checks are fee free but may delay shipping by a few days.

So, let me know when and how you are planning to send the deposit, how many bars you want, what options you are interested in, and your shipping address.

Thanks,

--
John Cooper
www.skyportservices.net

Then I sent this:

I found Lemfoerder Sway bar links for $9.78. If I order at least 6 sets I can get them with free shipping. I can include them in anyone's order for $10 each and no additional shipping costs.

Stainless SLS u-bolts are $5.50. (Turns out there were none left from last time.)

Still working on the improved bushings and mounting hardware.

Also, a reminder: I need everyone's shipping address. If you pay by PayPal Friends and Family, they do not include your address as they assume it is not a purchase.

--
John Cooper
www.skyportservices.net

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
John, still too late to get in on this? I’m new here and have not figured out how to pm you. On other forums I’m active on it requires at least 10 posts(?) Anyway, I have a 91 SEC w/SLS but since the car is in the shop I can’t determine whether or not it has anti-squat. I assume the bar is the same it’s the mounting that’s different? Let me know if the window is still open and I’ll get your deposit over ASAP as FF. Thanks, Doug

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Not too late. send me a PM with your email address and I'll get you on the list.

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Not too late. send me a PM with your email address and I'll get you on the list. Also, verify which rear suspension you have. I didn't think the bar I have would fit an '81, but don't know for sure. Post #8 of this thread discusses the differences.

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The bars are in transit to me. I should have them early next week. Check your email for a message from my AOL account.

If you haven't made a deposit, there are still a few available.

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Here is the text of the email I sent out:

OK, the manufacturer has caught me flat footed... But, that's good news!

I just found out the bars are at a depot in PA and should be in my hands early next week.

There will not be an upcharge for shipping; the price per bar is as quoted.

I need positive confirmation from each of you if you want the following:

steel swaybar links $20/pr

U-bolt for SLS (not needed if you don't have SLS) $6.00

Better Bushings I estimate $10 for the pair. I will confirm tomorrow.

Please answer "Yes" or "No" for each of the three options. Humor me and don't say "I want everything" or "I already answered that question". I want to get it right!

Also, confirm the quantity if you want more than one bar, and if they are to be packed together or individually (discount on shipping to you will be less for individual.)

I'll keep you posted.

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
This batch is sold out.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts