Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I'm experiencing a wierd problem with my 2001 E200K. If I travel a short distance and switch off the engine it then refuses to start for a few hours. This happens especially when the weather is hot. ( 35deg C or above ). It hasnt happened when its cool. It had never happened before until a few weeks ago. This has now happened more than 4 times in total.
When it starts everything is alright until the next hot day.

I'm totally clueless as to why this is happening.:surrender:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sounds like...

Your crankshaft position sensor [CPS for short] is failing.

This is an easy repair. Being offshore your access to non-dealer sources of parts may be limited, but as I recall the part at retail is in the $50 - $60 range.

Good luck,

JR

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
About

$80 at online autohausaz.com diy in the diy section at the top of the forum,as stated easy diy with the aid of a bright flash light and the diy article.
sometimes a light tap on the cps unit with a screw driver handle will dislodge the metal that gets fouled up on it and at least get you going again till properly replaced.
:bowdown:
if not the crank sensor which usually starts again after 30 minutes or so,you need to have a shop check it for the heat sink issue in the supercharger .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot, I have look into it. It usually starts after an hour or so. Hope its nothing really bad.

Thanks!! :bowdown:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts