Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me how to solve problem on Mercedes benz E220 W211 2002 model reduce braking effect visit workshop please I really need help please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,864 Posts
You will need to have the SBC brakes checked by a reliable shop with the correct MB tools and experience.

This should be worked on as soon as possible.

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,639 Posts
Not sure if this is the same problem but you never know,,,

·
Registered
E220 CDI 2003
62 Posts
Wonderfull programming unit, the warning is gone.

And the next time you want to slow down, the brakes do not work because the SBC unit really fails.
Then you can complain that your Mercedes did not brake at all, "It's a death trap".
One thing is for sure, you will never tell that you reset the replacement counter (MTTF).

This counter is probably mandatory (Tüv) because the SBC unit should warn before failure.
What wears down in the unit:
Pump (brushes)
Resevior
Valves

If mine needs replament, and they only reset the counter I will sue them for playing with my life.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
324 Posts
That video is unbelievable. The idiocy of someone thinking that, because the system can be tricked into ignoring the SBC actuation count, that somehow all is well? Yes, we're all aware of the fact that some early SBC systems had the count threshold set too low and that therefore it could safely be raised. But to suggest that any SBC count warning can be safely ignored is just lunacy. Very dangerous and irresponsible.

I'm not blaming the poster....I know he was simply posting something he thought might help. I'm blaming the guy who made the video.

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,639 Posts
I posted the video just for information.
I know nothing about the SBC system personally and I was not endorsing the action in the video.
Like everything,we should all take personal responsibility for our own cars and what we do to them.
In a later video,Tavarish says he knows it is just hiding the fault and cannot prevent rebuild or replacement.
I just thought it was interesting and could help the OP understand the problem,that's all.

·
Registered
94 S420 RIP 2/8/13 02 ML55AMG, 06 CLS55AMG, 89 Mas. 228, 84 Por. 911 Carrera, 93 Toyota t.t. Supra
1,582 Posts
The SBC for all it can do has a finite life that is a function of pedal actuation. Once the number is reached you are "braking" on borrowed time. They aren't cheap mine was 1200 for the part but what price life?

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,194 Posts
OP did not come back, so I can only hope he did not do the fix by hiding the message.
Tim Allen was using black electrical tape to hide such annoying messages ;)

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
1,005 Posts
As above, problems in SBC unit.

But very first action, check rear brake pipes. Pipes coming from rear wheels are bent couple of times befor diving behind the trims, corroded place usually found there.

Get is scanned and prepare to replacement (you may search factory refurbished units if you need to replace the unit). Though new unit price has come lower and lower, you probably get whole stuff well under 1000 by indie (star device required to install and bleed system properly).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts