Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Silver SLK 230
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally saw first hand the charcoal/Salsa interior of the 1999 Silver SLK 230 I'm thinking about purchasing ...and I'm not sure what to think ...

I don't hate it. But I sure don't love it. Yet. There is something about the color that seems "off" (it doesn't appear to be faded ... the car has 32 K miles, and always garged at home and work - it is immaculate).

Wondering if I will get used to it? Will I grow to love it ... well at least can we still be friends?

Any one else have a similar initial reaction with this color combo? What happened? How do you feel today? Satisfaction? Regrets? Any opinions welcome (wether you have this combo or not ...)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
My exterior is Magma Red with the Charcoal/Oyster interior. I looked at a Salsa one and it just didnt move me.

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
144 Posts
Before I ordered my car I test drove a 1999 silver SLK sport with the Salsa interior at the dealership. I thought it looked okay on a silver car. I sure did not hate it. I'm not sure if I would of ordered it on my car. I have a Blue car so it was not offered on my car.

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
I don't hate it, but I wouldn't get it for myself.

Honestly, though, I'd still prefer it over the solid chacoal interior.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have a SLK32 firemist red ext. I wanted to get the crimson int. but

I never had a chance of seeing it in person so I did not get it. I wish I had. I'm looking into getting it installed if I found an installer to do it. I don't know about the salsa interior, it's different than the Crimson.

Dave

·
Registered
586 Posts
We really wanted to order it with the silver exterior. Chickened out. Would do it if we had the chance to go back.

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG
593 Posts
Had to special order it on my 98,no extra charge,salsa/charcoal came in-loved it but the console peeling left black pox.........replaced a lot for free during warranty,then NOT.....
Adrian
picture 1 =new BMW
Picture 2-what IS this car?
picture 3=my 73 Mustang with new upholstery....

Attachments

·
Registered
01SLK320 totaled =(
672 Posts
MikeyD - 4/12/2005 10:54 PM

I wasn't sure if mine was salsa or not, so I did a search... and based on what I came up with I guess I have salsa. And I love it. It's what drew me to the car. It's classic sportscar in my mind.
Heh, you stole my car!

[:D]

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
MikeyD, your sig says you have a 2001, so it's not Salsa

Salsa was available only on pre-facelift SLKs ('98-'00 models in the USA).

·
Registered
1999 SLK230/ 2006 Passat/ 1995 Bronco (Prerunner)
413 Posts
RE: MikeyD, your sig says you have a 2001, so it's not Salsa

I think its painfully tacky.......not benz at all.

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
Not my cup of tea, but if it floats your boat id say go for it. If your already questioning maybe its not for you?

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
If your already questioning maybe its not for you?
i think miked619 has made the perfect point. Gotta believe in love at first sight. I'm not a believer in "growing to like it"... seems like a comprimise to me, like you have to get to like it cause you have too. When i was searching for my SLK i had my heart set on a silver one. But i walked into a showroom, and there sat a blue SLK, on AMG wheels with the carbon charcoal interior... BANG, i fell in love with it straight away. That was 5 years ago, and we still together !!!!

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Mike does have a point. If you are already questioning it maybe you should pass. Better to not purchase it than haev buyers remorse.

Personally I like it. I would be concerned about it fading to pink or peeling. Plus I don't know that I would ever buy a car with the salsa interior. But I do like the look.

I looked at a BMW with the laguna seca blue interior. Thought it looked cool until I saw it in person. I figured it would get annoying after a short period of time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
RE: MikeyD, your sig says you have a 2001, so it's not Salsa

silverslk - 4/13/2005 1:29 AM

I think its painfully tacky.......not benz at all.
Good thing mines a 2001 then... cause I'd hate to have a "painfully tacky" car.[;)]

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
MikeyD - 4/12/2005 10:54 PM

I wasn't sure if mine was salsa or not, so I did a search... and based on what I came up with I guess I have salsa. And I love it. It's what drew me to the car. It's classic sportscar in my mind.

My first thought - how dare you post pic of my car ;) Than i realized it's silver ;)

I really like it with black exterior:

- sorry can't find a pic of just the interior.

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
The red interior was available in the facelift models but the dash was not red. Only the seat incerts and airbag covers were red. The dash and center console were charcoal. I prefer this because the red dash is too much red.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think that you should not settle for something that you really do not want. I bought a TT, when I really wanted a SLK. I kept the TT for about three weeks and traded it in with a loss for a SLK. I am happy I made that decision. Wait a while and get what you really want.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts