Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone own a SLK (w171) with red roll bars? I want to order them from my dealer but they need a vin number. they can find the part # for the red roll bars but cannot order it because their parts assistance center needs the vin #. so anyone with red rolls bars, can you please PM me your vin so i can use it at my local dealer to order the part. i showed an attachment with what im talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when they enter my vin the roll bar shows up only in black. If they take off the filters in EPC they find the part number for the red roll bars (color code 3C91). But i need to know the vin of a car that came with red roll bars from the factory so i can order them, the parts advisor said.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
Call me paranoid, (which I am) but I wouldn't want my VIN# circulating on the Internet. Seems like the only people that should have that piece of information are the dealer and your insurance company. All of the parts numbers numbers I've seen are unique to the item and/or have prefixes or suffixes for similar associated parts, e.g., 12345-BL and 12345-RE.

Not doubting that the parts advisor is asking for the VIN#. Just seems awful strange that he doesn't have access to all the parts numbers and doesn't know where to find one without asking you to get a VIN#. If it were me, I'd try another dealership or mbusa. You shouldn't have to work this hard to purchase a part. That's what you're paying them to do. JMHO.

·
Registered
2008 SLK 280
22 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts