Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SL65 plus 13 other non MB toys
844 Posts
I have never seen those before. It looks like a time machine. I would think the owners manual would explain them.

·
Premium Member
2006 SL600
42 Posts
Looks non-stock - maybe a secret nitrous oxide system that someone wanted to brag about :) or pretend was there?

I’m definitely following this thread to see what you find - please keep us updated!

I would try tracing the wiring or do a visual inspection to see if there’s anything that looks interesting - trunk, under the seats, engine bay, glove box, under the steering wheel, etc.

@Triple cranks might be on to something - what happens when you reach 88mph? Hahaha!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks non-stock - maybe a secret nitrous oxide system that someone wanted to brag about :) or pretend was there?

I’m definitely following this thread to see what you find - please keep us updated!

I would try tracing the wiring or do a visual inspection to see if there’s anything that looks interesting - trunk, under the seats, engine bay, glove box, under the steering wheel, etc.

@Triple cranks might be on to something - what happens when you reach 88mph? Hahaha!
Unfortunately, not a DIY GUY!

·
Registered
W164 GL450, W221 S550, R230 SL600TT, R170 SLK230, W140 S500, More
798 Posts
I don't believe those came with the car originally. That said, I wonder what they do. Maybe one is for nitrous, one for passenger eject seat...

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,540 Posts
I wonder if these are for an exhaust bypass?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,540 Posts
An exhaust bypass basically bypasses the mufflers for a louder exhaust sound. Since it makes the car much louder, some people use an electrically operated valve to do this only when they want more sound, but close it for more enjoyable daily driving. Since this makes no difference in exhaust sound, I guess that's not what these buttons are for. I guess you'll need to track down where the sound is coming from to find out what these do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts