Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 mercedes slk230 sport, 1997 sl500, 95 m3
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know what i can do to restore my dash and center consol on my slk230? I just bought it and there are spots that are chipping off ... is there a dye i can order ...Or what have some of you done ? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like i need scarlet red ...When i ran the vin it also said i have an amg package ? thought they didnt make an amg slk except slk32 ..But does anyone have any of that paint out there ?

·
Registered
1998 SLK230 240,xxx Miles
7,704 Posts
From your picture I'd say you have the early, 99-03 amg package, it was called the sport version of the slk.

BTW could you post more info about your car next to your avatar like miles on the car & year.

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
136 Posts
looks like i need scarlet red ...When i ran the vin it also said i have an amg package ? thought they didnt make an amg slk except slk32 ..But does anyone have any of that paint out there ?
Danger,

Contact Alan at Viponds, his contact is below. He'll reply with a pdf all about the paint (its also posted on Benzworld somewhere). You can pay him via Paypal.

Alan Vipond

Viponds Paint’s Pty Ltd

Ph 03 93504188

Fax 03 93542732

[email protected]

CMount

Just send the man an email,.. I got that Scarlet Red shipped to Canada really quick,. and my dash is like new again..

Cheers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
has anyone found color you can get custom mixed thats close? If so whts the color code ? I dont really want to wait for it toget shipped ... I took it to a shop to fix it and they kept my car for two weeks ! And did nothing! So im just going to do it myself ....

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
136 Posts
Jo,.. Viponds is in Australia,.. he sells and ships you the can of paint ,.. you then apply it yourself. His shipping is fast and the amount you will receive is enough to touch up or paint your interior for a lifetime... heck, may even want to paint your tiolet the same colour if it suits you.

It's up to yuo,..

Cheers!

·
Registered
1998 SLK230 240,xxx Miles
7,704 Posts
I used the Volico spray paint, I removed and stripped the lower console, glovebox and repainted those parts they still look great and no chipping.
I touched up the upper console and dash & it still chips and peels.

My 2c, its better to strip and repaint than just touch up. a lot of work but worth it.

J, Thanks for putting your car info up.

·
Registered
PROUD OWNER! 2002 slk32 AMG
1,505 Posts
i would also suggest some form of water based stripper from your local hardware store. if you sand the console you will smooth out the grain pattern and it will differ from the rest of the car

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Jo

All the Viponds paints were matched to panels sent over from USA by members (except my own colour - leather sand/sienna beige 225)

I doubt you will find any matched paint in the US - Viponds (paintable) and Volico (spray) are the go.

Scarlet (commonly referred to as salsa red) is 227 and is the lighter of the 2 colours - 'crimson' is a deeper red

You need to put your VIN no. into the previously referred to Russian site to get your colour accurately

Bruce

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts