Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

I scoured the used market for suspension parts yesterday evening. I found red front springs and a red front anti-sway bar (thicker than the standard black one) which I speculate came off of a scrapped Sportline 124. At another shop I found blue Bilstein springs that the guy said should fit in the back. I forgot to count the number of coils on the spring, but they are shorter than standard (I did compare.) So what do you think? Should I fit them?
And another question. Did the sportline version have a thicker rear sway bar, or was it the same as the standard?

Shady

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Shady,

Here's a quote from p. 21 of the E-Class Owner's Bible: "The Sportline package was available as a $2000 option. The package inculded larger wheels with low profile tires, sport suspension with stiffer springs and shocks, and larger sway bars."

The same publication gives the following sway bar diameters on p. 271: 300e - 14.5 mm; 400e - 16 mm; 500e - 18 mm. Although it doesn't give the diameter of the Sportline sway bar, it gives the following part number on p. 272: 124 326 19 65.

Hope this helps,
Charles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts