Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help!
I have a 1996 300diesel non turbo a while ago it started playing up.
I narrowed it down to when you switched the engine of if you returned to start it only a few minutes later both red and green lights would flash and it wouldnt start until i locked/unlocked several times,it alawys seemed to run fine when running.If you were to leave the car for a few hours it never gave a problem!
I also noticed when it refused to start it would let me out of park(poss not immobiliser problem?)
Alas it has now given up completely! any ideas?
ps I have had a new key but no difference[?]

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
Replace the battery in your remote keyfob and then go through the resync procedure for the keyfob from the owners manual.

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,459 Posts
idlemerc

When you refer to the green and red flashing lights are you talking about on the internal mirror. I had a similar problem with my wifes C-Class, that the lights would flash and you need to arm and disarm a few times to get the engine to start.
I found the problem eventually was just down to having cheap remote batteries in the keyfob. Im sure you know that the fact that the lights were both flashing means that the remote battery is low and its an early warning to go and change them. However when I changed mine I used some old ones that I had in my garage and even though I checked the volts to be 3+ Vdc on each of the batteries before I replaced them, it seemed it was not enough. This is why it took me awhile to fix the fault as I had ruled out the low battery issue (or so I thought). When I finally decided to buy some decent Duracell or Energizer batteries, problem fixed! works from a longer distance too.!
Try it and see, hope you get it fixed!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
E-Klasse said:
Replace the battery in your remote keyfob and then go through the resync procedure for the keyfob from the owners manual.
Replace the battery in your remote keyfob...................

·
Registered
CLK320
945 Posts
I think E-Klasse is suggesting for you to replace the battery in your keyfob :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Before you do that, Change the battery in your remote keyfob...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts