Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6332&item=4526323969&rd=1

this car looks reaaal good but why is the rear bumper look stock shouldnt it be AMG also??? i dk just looks shady...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I really think the car looks nice, but I don't believe it is a factory AMG car. I also don't think the paint is original and the wheels certainly aren't. I think the seller doesn't have a clue. Still, a nice looking car.

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
That is a very sharp looking car. Although the wheels aren't the original AMGs, just because the car is 20 years old, doesn't mean that the wheels need to be too.

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
It's definitely a stunning car, though the interior is very tired and worn. I doubt it's a true AMG.

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
that back bumper looks so out of place! why would someone go to all the trouble of modding their car and then leave the rear bumper untouched? it's like repainting your car a different color, except for one of the doors. weird.

·
Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,839 Posts
janos_z - 2/12/2005 6:41 AM

that back bumper looks so out of place!
I make this same comment about ALL W126's, bone stock or whatever, when I see them on the road; WHY did MB make that rear skirt so SHORT and high up? I mean, I can SEE the gas tank. Why? No reason for that. Plus if the hem-line was lower, it would actually match the rest of the car. Basically, it should come down like the W140 rear bumper hem-line. Many times, when you guys are raggin' on sombodies body kit, I'm wonder why most of you are asking about when to get the rear bumper part. Case in point was that low-rider form Thialand that Igor posted. The rear bumper on that kit was nice and smooth and not crazy and about an inch lower down than the stock - perfect! The crazy body kit people did a better job than MB on the rear bumper[B)]

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Couldn't agree w/you more Ackvig. I've always wondered the same thing!

·
Registered
'85 500SEL AMG, 91 560SEL, '99 E55, '00 SL600, '99 S600, '99 E300 TD, '92 190E
183 Posts
I e-mailed the seller, and he said that the back AMG bumper was stolen and he could not find other one, so he installed a euro rear bumper. He also, said the car has a 5.0 engine. The interior has seen better days.

Regards,
Al

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
LOL!!!

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
ackvig - 2/12/2005 1:08 PM

janos_z - 2/12/2005 6:41 AM

that back bumper looks so out of place!
I make this same comment about ALL W126's, bone stock or whatever, when I see them on the road; WHY did MB make that rear skirt so SHORT and high up? I mean, I can SEE the gas tank. Why? No reason for that. Plus if the hem-line was lower, it would actually match the rest of the car. Basically, it should come down like the W140 rear bumper hem-line. Many times, when you guys are raggin' on sombodies body kit, I'm wonder why most of you are asking about when to get the rear bumper part. Case in point was that low-rider form Thialand that Igor posted. The rear bumper on that kit was nice and smooth and not crazy and about an inch lower down than the stock - perfect! The crazy body kit people did a better job than MB on the rear bumper[B)]
Just so you know that is not our gas tank you are looking at. You should know that though. Is your gas tank under the car?? No it is not. Mercedes just started that mess again within the last 5 years if I recall correctly. Our gas tank, just like yours, is between the rear seat and trunk. What you see is the spare wheel well.

JR_Rider

·
Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,839 Posts
Just so you know that is not our gas tank you are looking at. You should know that though. Is your gas tank under the car?? No it is not. Mercedes just started that mess again within the last 5 years if I recall correctly. Our gas tank, just like yours, is between the rear seat and trunk. What you see is the spare wheel well.

JR_Rider

I ALSO "should know" that I shouldn't be able to see it, whatever "it" is. Can I see it on my car?? No I cannot.

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
ackvig - 2/13/2005 11:29 PM

JR_Rider

Hope that you didn't take that the wrong way, just wanted to make sure that you knew what you were looking at.

·
Registered
Widebody SEC
774 Posts
to be fair, the seller states that it is a 500 engine, never claimed any drivetrain mods. the rims and steering wheel are certainly genuine and probably the kit also. those mods alone are worth more than the actual car. keep in mind that during that era AMG would do any level of customizing, unlike the complete AMGs of today. i would consider this an SEC with "real" AMG modifications. though i would not consider buying it.

·
Registered
500 SEL Lorinser
40 Posts
obviously a smokers car,(Cigarettes in center console)
it should have a rear AMG bumper. it has a salvage title, but i bet it was a true AMG body and handling package, wheels appear to be AMG aero mono block 1, but what the logo on the front of the wheel looks like would be the key. i can tell by the short 2 inch bumpers it is probably a gray market euro car. americanized versions had 4 inch units.

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
I don't get it... A salvage, 150K mile+ car that looks like a transient has been living in it for 5 years and its up to almost $6K with the reserve NOT being met...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts