Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to everyone, i'm new to the forums, i have an 05' c230 and i recently hit the 76000 miles mark, no problems so far, just a broken door handle wich i hear happens a lot, anyway, my question is, do you guys recommend other oil besides the Mobil1 0w20, i been using it since i got the car, but recently i took a trip from New Jersey to Florida around 3000 miles back and forth and the car consumed around 1qt of oil. Is this normal at 76000mi? will a thicker oil help? and also, do you change oil by the recommended intervals? thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
2005 230 Kompressor
341 Posts
Use the search engine on this forum to find other threads that address oil usage.

Mobil 1 0-40w European Car Formula, 229.5 spec is all that most MB members use and is the recommended oil from MB.

These engines are picky so do your homework in advance and stick to what the people on this site recommend.

If you have newbie questions, I would suggest before you post (as you might/might not get a reply), to take the time to use the search engine to access prior threads on basic questions such as type of MB oil.

·
Registered
2011 ML550, 2011 C300, 2000 ML430
62 Posts
cuyo2005 - Sounds like you might have a leak 1qt per 3000 miles. Do a search for cam sensors or oil in connectors. They are known to fail around 50k miles. There is a DIY fix for them on the forum. I went ahead and installed the new wiring update so if mine do fail on the 2005c230 it will not take out the electronics with it. I have not seen any leakage yet but I only have 33K on it.
Mobil 1 0-40w is the oil I use it costs more but I only change 1 time per year or 10K miles.
Cheers!

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor
31 Posts
Oil Usage?

cuyo2005 - Sounds like you might have a leak 1qt per 3000 miles. Do a search for cam sensors or oil in connectors. They are known to fail around 50k miles.
Cheers!
Reviving an old thread here. How often do you find you have to add oil between services? I just had to add a quart this week-end and I am about 5k miles since the A service. I also had the small leak at the cam sensor repaired last month, it was real minor, never had any spotting in the garage but the back of the engine was dirty. I run the factory spec oil, got about 50k miles, mostly city, some highway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts