Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard of people buying these alpine dvd/cd/nav systems. Those sound great. My concern is the intergration between the CLK and a aftermarket stereo/nav system. What problems occur... if any? What recommended models are out there for the MB CLK? Thanks in advance<br>
<br>
eso

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Following Probs with alpine ....

... You will have no problems, if you dont have an original Navi-system-stereo from mercedes in your CLK. If you have navigation or command-system in your car, you will have following problems:<br> <br> - alpine has no adapter to use the bottoms on your Steering wheel for the alpine stereo.<br> - your build in cellphone from Mercedes ist no longer working.<br> - your clock in the dashboard could not longer be adjusted (because the original stereo get the clock from the navi-stereo or command system<br> <br> You could solve the clock by a good mercedes dealer, your car-computer has to be changed, that no longer a mercedes Navi ist in your car (I got it solved from a dealer in germany).<br> <br> But there is no solve for the cellphone and the Steering wheel. <br> <br> Reason ist the fibre-optik BUS in the CLK. If you build out the Mercedes stereo - shit. Only workaround: let the original stereo in thh car, hidden under your seat or something like this.<br> <br> -------------------<br> result:<br> in my 2nd car a had all from alpine, icluded TV. Alpine is very hard and difficult to use and the sound is not so much better than command + bose sound system.<br> in my 3rd and last CLK I ordered the command system with bose and I am very happy with it. Much better than the alpine-system. And everything in my car is working.<br> <br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CONTACT ME I'LL TELL YOU WHAT TO GET!

OBVIOSLY HE DIDN'T HAVE A NAVIGATION SYSTEM THATS WHY HE WANTS ONE. THERE IS AN ALPINE YOU CAN BUY THATS A 7 INCH FLIP OUT MONITOR MOTORIZED THAT TILTS AND SWIVILS ITS CALLED THE ALPINE TME 790E. YOU CAN ALSO GET A DVD POWER NAV TO GO WITH THAT. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REST OF THE AUDIO SYSTEM, AND IT ALREADY HAS A BUILT IS SPEAKER FOR THE VOICE. I SELL THESE PRODUCTS FOR GOOD PRICES AND HAVE A CLK430 WHERE I AM CURRENTLY DOING THE SAME CONFIGURATION. PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR FURTER INFORMATION ON WHERE YOU CAN CONTACT MY BUSINESS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts