Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 420sel sight unseen, seller has agreed to prepurchase inspection before finalizing sale. Its in the Houston /Sugarland area.

Anyone familiar with a good shop in that area to do a prepurchase inspection? Is Mercedes of Sugarland my best bet>?

Also is there any local BW members who might be interested in doing some photo taking/road testing for me? Im in the Bay area, California. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1980 450SL; 1984 500SEC Euro; 1991 560 SEC
345 Posts
tusabes,
I spoke to MB Sugarland about a prepurchase a month ago and I believe they will not do them.

Gus Kidonakis at Beverly Hill Motors (5820 Beverly Hill St. Houston, TX 77057. 713-977-9612). will do one for you I believe, I had him do some work on a car I thought I was going to buy and drive home to MN, It turned out that I did not buy the car but I did not actually have him do a pre-purchase but I believe he will and his shop had a lot of very high end old, new and unique cars.

There is an older gentleman who is somewhat of a legend around there named Helmut Holder of Helmut Holder Consulting who specializes in older mercedes and while he wouldn't inspect a W126 for me as he doesn't work on as he called them "those newer cars" he did give me the name of someone who would who he said he brought over from Germany in the 60's who was equally interesting to talk to but I do not remember the name Hans possibly,
Helmut;s contact is
2047 Jacquelyn Drive
Houston, TX 77055-1717
(713) 683-1526
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,240 Posts
contact BW POS, he may be able to help.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Texas German Autohaus is your best bet. They are an extremely competent shop near downtown Houston. TGA - Texas-German Autohaus - Service and Repair of Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Porsche.

3417 Edloe Street, Houston, Texas 77027, phone 713.850.8282

Ask for Hans Richter or Matt Burrage.

MB of Sugarland is the best MB dealer in the Houston area, but like most dealers they don't deal much with older cars. Their Service Manager is an old-school guy who does know what he's doing.

However, TGA is the largest independent in the Houston area and I can't recommend them highly enough.

If you're interested to see the TGA shop: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=316178&id=821723571&l=8ecfb55d48

Cheers,
Gerry

·
Premium Member
1980 450SL; 1984 500SEC Euro; 1991 560 SEC
345 Posts
Yes Hans Richter that is who Helmut recommended and who I spoke with at length. He was very helpful and extremely knowledgeable.

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
I got waaayyyy too much going on this week to drive to Sugarland (I also PM'd original poster); if the car is driveable, I'd highly recommend getting to Gus at Beverly Hills Motors for a PPI. I've had him to do mine before and he is not only very knowledgeable, but very honest. For the Koenig authenticity, however, you mght need more of an enthusiast than a mechanic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts