Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CLK430 tires are starting to come to the end of their life. Considering how expensive performance tires are, I was wondering if any of you would recommend Costco for tires?<br>
<br>
They can get the high-performance Michelins, but I have heard a couple of horror stories about Costco scratching the rims when they replace the tire.<br>
<br>
Perhaps it's their equipment, or it might just be the mechanic, but how many of you have used Costco and how satisfied were you?<br>
<br>
Thanks for your advice in advance!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to mention that front tires are 210.99 each and rears are 234.99 each installed at Costco

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't take the chance

You really shouldn't take a high performance car to a low performance place. Yes, they might be capable of putting them on, but why take the chance. Find a reputable shop in your area and use them. Mounting and balancing is relatively cheap (usually $25 per wheel) so get it done by a professional who typically deals with Mercedes, Porsche, etc. I usually buy my tires from Tire Rack and they have list of recommended installers on their web site. However, you can probably just ask your local MBZ service technician for a recommendation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts