Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
ML320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm again a newbie in here and brand new for my newly bought used 2000 ML320. Can you guys recommend a good set of spring or suspension to lower my car a bit ?? I'm looking for 1.5" lowered than my original setting as I seldom use my car for offroad purpose. Just to make it look good with the subtle feeling is fine.

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
I just put on a set of Eibach rear pro springs... lowered the truck 1.4 inches... subtle but it did what I was looking for it to do. Ride quality sufferes a bit but I mostly do highway driving so it is not bad. You can get them at the TireRack... H&R is the only other company that makes them for the ML... same price. Hope that helps [:D]

·
Registered
ML320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goat,

Only the rear ?? What about the front ?? I want to lowered the front and rear as well ??

Seems like the ride quality is suffers a bit after changed the spring but it should look better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
THE FRONT OF A ML HAS TORSION BARS, THEY CAN BE ADJUSTED BY 1 18MM BOLT ON BOTH SIDES UNDER THE CAR BEHIND FRONT DOOR AREA, JUST LOOSEN THEM AND MEASURE FROM THE GROUND TO THE TOP OF THE FRONT FENDER TO MAKE SURE YOU RIDE IS EVEN

·
Registered
ML320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, Thanks for your input and I shall take it to the body shop to do the work. In fact, I already placed the order for the H&R spring rear from * which offered $240 + SHC.

·
Registered
98 ML320
275 Posts
Unless you have some degree of mechanical aptitude and previous experience with a spring compressor, do yourself a favor and take it to a mechanic, not a bodyshop.

Not doubting your abilities chief, just being honest. The install isn't a walk in the park.

FR

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
Install is actually a PAIN in the arse... and not everyone has a spring compressor in thier garage... a hoist is always required. Good luck

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Do you know if these springs will fit 00 ML55. H&R rep was not helpful when i called yesterday. They have 2 applications listed for W163, he did not know if all models. Im assuming 320 and 430 only?

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
You will have a different drop in height for the ML55 if you go with either Eibach or H&R... I believe its pretty minimum like 1" for H&R and 1.1" for Eibach.

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2008 GL550, 2008 Ford F250 Superduty
815 Posts
i believe there are two different types of rear spring cups for the ML's. one houses a "flat" coil end while the other cup houses a "rounded or unflattened" coil end.

dont ask why they did this but they did. the only way to know for sure is have a look at the top part of the spring and take note of the shape of the coil end.

i wouldnt recommend doing this unless you are experienced with coil compression tools. it's not worth the headache trying it yourself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts