Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
W126 1985 380SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to the group. Currently in Australia, proud owner of a 380se.
Looking for any suggestions on how and what kind of air filter i can fit, to suit a new performance exhuast system.
Thanks

·
1991 500SEC 55K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 153K mi. 2020
5,238 Posts
A Gen 2 500 or 560 airfilter box will have two snorkels certainly better than the one. Then there are they air inlets alongside the radiator. You’d need those bits for the passenger side..

Fellow Aussie KRH has a good write-up on this subject too. A search will help you there.

MBL

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
16,029 Posts
Hehe you beat me to it. Yeah Kim did really interesting stuff with this. It'll be on the search archives.

Welcome to the forum. Love that red. Which interior does it have? Love to see more pics.

Helps to fill out your profile with model and year when you have time.

·
Registered
Too many to list
9,909 Posts
Forget about the type of air filter , that won’t help . The type of air box (dual snorkel ) and the type of intake (such as redesigned by Carobu ) make the actual difference . The only question is how much you are willing to spend .

theres is no magic $20 performance Improver filter for these underpowered cars . It requires serious money and parts to have noticeable gains

·
Registered
W126 1985 380SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Gen 2 500 or 560 airfilter box will have two snorkels certainly better than the one. Then there are they air inlets alongside the radiator. You’d need those bits for the passenger side..

Fellow Aussie KRH has a good write-up on this subject too. A search will help you there.

MBL
Thanks MBL87560SEC & ianrandom
Just found the thread on it, very useful info and will definitely look into it.
Will update my profile very soon haha

·
Registered
W126 1985 380SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forget about the type of air filter , that won’t help . The type of air box (dual snorkel ) and the type of intake (such as redesigned by Carobu ) make the actual difference . The only question is how much you are willing to spend .

theres is no magic $20 performance Improver filter for these underpowered cars . It requires serious money and parts to have noticeable gains
Thanks Tusabes, I didn't have a set budget. Just wanted to see how i could get the best intake for performance.
I just checked out HB sport parts and they look very impressive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts