Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
560SEC, 190E, Frontier, 240Z
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1988 SEC.
In "C-Normal" setting of Air Conditioning with AUTOM selected for fan.

Does any body recall if at very high OAT (Phoenix 110+) does the A/C system automatically close the recirc flap?

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
1988 SEC.
In "C-Normal" setting of Air Conditioning with AUTOM selected for fan.

Does any body recall if at very high OAT (Phoenix 110+) does the A/C system automatically close the recirc flap?
No Tom, I do not believe so, but I will look in my AC guide. I believe there is no outside temp gauge wired into the system. There is a temp sender in the WP for water temp at 100C or 110C and there is the one in the R/D at 57C or 60C. And there is the inside cabin temp sender.

The recirc flap is controlled by the recirc switch and/or mode select. Meaning button c or d is selected. Either button pushed will close the flap either partial or fully, and the recirc button will command it fully closed regardless of button selected. Button 'c' is partially closed (80%) and button 'd' is 100% closed. I believe.

That's how I read the schematic Tom. Do you need a copy?

·
Premium Member
560SEC, 190E, Frontier, 240Z
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Service Manual and it also mentions the Recirc flap closes when the Temp wheel is in the MIN position.

And there is another cryptic message about the Logic description below.
In the mornings I can make the solenoid click by pushing the button.
But in the mid-day when temps are 110+ I cannot make it click in A/C mode, but it will in Economy mode.

I think my flap has stopped working (pneumatically) as an aside, which led me to a button pressing frenzy and is when I noticed this behavior.

The logic is mostly a curiousity to me. I believe I have a later model Mode Selector, but comparing different year SM I didn't see much difference.
Capture.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts