Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everything is on warrenty but heres a list of the problems I'm having:<br>
<br>
1. Remote didn't work<br>
-Light on remote worked fine; car wasn't responding to the remote. (2 times)<br>
<br>
2. Turned on car and radiator fans came on<br>
-Seat and steering controls did not work; seemed like low on power. (1 time)<br>
<br>
3. Conveince mirror doesn't work<br>
-Worked for the first week or two.(All time)<br>
<br>
4. Front-Driver seat clicks while driving.<br>
<br>
5. Sunroof doesn't close.<br>
-Took 10-20 pushes of sunroof button to close fully.(2 times)<br>
<br>
6. Steering wheel doesn't come down; conveince. (Occational)<br>
<br>
Any constructive comments or concerns about whats happening would be appreciated.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi, i'm a c240 owner from indonesia. used to have same problem with the remote. solution: when you pull out the remote from ignition, don't hit the brake.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had 3 of your problems<br> <br> Keys are defective from the factory and need to<br> be replaced (look at the digit on the key; it<br> should start with 221... while 224...is old<br> revision (! higher # than new).<br> <br> Seat clicking is a well-known problem, requires<br> replacement of four parts $15 total and some grease (under warranty for free of course).<br> <br> Fan on, no controls - there was an issue with CAN<br> bus on my car which generated similar list of<br> defects,. There was an intermittently bad contact<br> in the CAN connector under front left carpeting.<br> <br> Convenience mirror used to lost its settings, you<br> need to reprogram it; then it works ok.<br> <br> Try to resynchronise sunroof - it should cure<br> problems.<br> <br> Haven't you some problems with battery voltage?<br> Battery disconnected?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the same problem.<br> Steering wheel does not come down.It happend several time so sick of it.I have to click the number from my seat memo then it gonna come down.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had some of these too.<br> <br> Seat: grease fixed it.<br> <br> Roof: the switch was sticky so it was closing two ways at once. Move the switch firmly in ALL directions a few times and you should be OK. <br> <br> Now I have two more:<br> <br> - Wind noise still a abit, driver's door, even after four fixes.<br> <br> - Thermometer indicates 2.5 degrees too high<br> <br> - Mirrors need resetting constantly: settings are lost while reversing and they do not quite return to the right position automatically.<br> <br> Still a nice car though!<br> <br> Michael<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: =( recently my c320 is getting so many problems

The solution to the mirrors is very simple: After parking in reverse, put gear in D or P and wait for the mirror to go into it's normal position before switching off the engine and removing the key.<br> <br> If you don't do it, the process can be interrupted and the mirror stays or in the park position or anywhere on it's way 'home'. This is definetely a bug in the software, but my MB dealer explained it to me as if it was a logical feature.<br> <br> If you lost the position (because of removing the key too early) you can restore it by pressing the memory button (the one that can be in position 1 to 3) until the mirror is in it's normal position. Of course you need the key to be in the ignition for that.<br> <br> Apart form that, my problems are as follows:<br> <br> - Gearbox behaving 'strange' from beginning and having been replaced after less than a month (warranty of course)<br> <br> - Illuminated door sill plates failing (first on right side, then on left side) - aparently a relay that got replaced under warranty<br> <br> - Trunk doesn't open automatically (no fix yet - but stronger springs seem to be announced)<br> <br> - Cellular phone doesn't behave as described in manual (error in manual) <br> <br> - COMAND sometimes doesn't recognize the devices (phone, cd-changer, etc.) - so far unsolved as it happened only twice and after switching it off and on, everything was OK<br> <br> - Ticking or vibrating noise from the engine compartment. A known problem of a valve making too much noise - solved under warranty with some different method of fixing it - and now the sound is a bit less obvious

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same problem with my keys (3 times). I had to stay very close from the car (10cm) to manage to unlock the doors. On TV, they say that it might be caused by the very strong radiation interference of the relay antenna of the cellphone operators. So whenever it happens, just push your car to about 10 meters away and your remote will work again.<br> <br> My C320 is all brand new, I picked it up from Sindelfingen (MB biggest plant in Germany) just a month ago. My key number begin with 240... so I guess that it's not a version problem.<br> <br> I also never step on the brakes when I remove my keys so I don't think this would be the solution...<br> <br> So if anyone have any new suggestion, please let us know.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have old revision of key.<br> New starts with 21 instead of 221 (!!!)<br> instead of 224.<br> You are able to lock your car placing key<br> close to the door just because system gets<br> signal thru infrared transponder instead of<br> receiving it via radio frequency.<br> This is all bullshit about strong transmitters.<br> Radio circuits are very selective nowdays<br> and<br> i can not imaginate such a strong source of<br> radiation operating on the same frequency.<p>PSYCHOP

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To Psychop

My key number starts with 240, not 224, nor 221, nor 21X. I managed to open my door when I stood next to my car, but on the passenger's side so there was nothing to do with the infrared transponder. So this matter is still a mystery...<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: To Psychop

ah yeah it's probably because mine<br> is for t-model (lacking trunk key) and<br> yours is for sedan?<br> Or they released completely new revision<br> in the meantime?<br> <p>PSYCHOP

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Key version

Yeah, mine is for sedan... I don't know if they have released a new version of the keys... But the thing is that the 240 version is still not the right one to have...<p>AMontsouris-102-1-2-118.abo.wanadoo.fr

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had the same problem with my 01 C240 - had to be in arms reach of the car for the smartkey to work. Problem was fixed by dealer, along with nonexistent am radio reception. They replaced the amplifier module (203-820-69-89) on th erear window. I believe that there is a service bulletin for a defective ground connection to the amplifier - no power to amp, and neither am nor smartkey works worth a darn. Now the radio is as good as any modern am radio (not great), and the smart key works from 50 meters away reliably. Will work at 100 meters if I hold it next to another car's radio antenna, to get a bit of gain.<p>cc989145-a.hntsvlle1.al.home.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts