Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Recently, a nephew of my spilled OJ on the shifter, need help

1358 Views 3 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  esoin
G
Recently, a nephew of my spilled OJ on the shifter. I cleaned it up right away. The car ran fine.... for a while. Then..<p>When i put the car in PARK, it doesn't want to come out of PARK even with the brake depressed. I have to stick a pen in the little hole to release the lock.<p>Another thing is that When i put it in Drive, the numbers though pop up next to the speedometer where is shows you your gear. It's just black.<p>So then after that i noticed that my car doesn't want to go past 2nd gear.<p><br>Arghhhh... I need to bring this puppy to the shop tomorrow (monday) to have it fixed. Is there a way I could fix the way it doesn't go pass 2nd gear so i can drive it to the shop? Maybe there is some release for it?<p>Horrible day =( thank you<p>esoin
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Sounds like your car went into safety mode, a bring your car home or to the shop mode...

I read something about that in the manual. The car will not shift above 2nd gear. It merely allows you to get home or to the shop. Check your manual. I don't think you can fix it. The shop will have to take a look at it...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.. your right.. i just called road side assistance... They said it entered a "limp" mode... I thi

: I read something about that in the manual. The car will not shift above 2nd gear. It merely allows you to get home or to the shop. Check your manual. I don't think you can fix it. The shop will have to take a look at it...<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fixed now =)

: : I read something about that in the manual. The car will not shift above 2nd gear. It merely allows you to get home or to the shop. Check your manual. I don't think you can fix it. The shop will have to take a look at it...<p><p><br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.